Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Heat Press on a Budget
    By Omega in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-10-2016, 11:22 PM
  2. Budget....
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Last Post: 16-03-2016, 02:46 PM
  3. transfer printing and what budget printers are available?
    By soulclaimed in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-12-2012, 08:31 PM
  4. budget paper test and review!
    By Paul in forum Reviews Section
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 02:48 PM
  5. Budget Canvases
    By Justin in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Budget

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Budget

Has anyone found themselves better off in business after today's announcements? I might start taking my mugs to the pub to print and see if I can get a reduction in business rates. They are continuously piling the pressure on business. Any good bits from the last couple of years is always more than outweighed by bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The Budget is there to solve the country's debts, which it should never have in the first place. If private banks weren't allowed to produce our money out of thin air and sell it to the Government with added interest, then there would be no national debt. The whole world has been brought to its knees by the introduction of Fractional Reserve Banking and things will always get worse, not better.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it is going to get a lot worse as well.

Brexit will mean price increases on pretty much everything, but merchandisers or shops will want to maintain the same prices with their suppliers.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will get worse for a while longer before the climb back up the ladder starts. My worry is that business is a fairly easy target for off-loading burden onto. Directors have been an easy target since the onslaught of individuals such as politicians, celebrities, footballers all hiding behind a Ltd company to manipulate tax. For the few doing this it has meant the rest get caught up, which I am sure the government are happy enough with. I didn't see the self employed bit getting attacked though. He wants it fairer compared to employed. He doesn't then give self employed the same benefits as the employed such as national living wage guarantee and external pension contributions. Risk and reward is being stripped away which is never good when the country needs to build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Risk and reward is being stripped away which is never good when the country needs to build.
    yep, all this uncertainty is making me wonder what to do next.

We spoke about the UV printers, and at 24k it is making me think why bother. That's a lot of items I need to print to recoup my money, and that is going to be a massive struggle in the next few years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right. Why grow and take on more grief if you are getting by as you are. Just secure what you have attitude is going to happen. I mentioned, I was tempted to start outsourcing on certain things and I employ 5 less people now than this time last year. If things were put in place to encourage risk and growth I could add another 20 jobs by the end of the year. I am just a small, crappy business making it up as I go along but I can put jobs into the economy with a bit of help and encouragement from the government. There are loads more people like us on here willing to give it a go if the circumstances were right but it is going the wrong way for me.

Think I better end my rant here as I could go on for sometime.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always attacking the little guys who cant fight back.
    I was a little surprised that nothing was said about investing the 360 million a week into the NHS like the Brexiters said would happen. ( Or did they lie? Cant be because that is what was voted for....)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely a time to keep the overheads under control. Everything is getting too expensive - property costs, staffing costs, material costs - and the ability to put up prices accordingly is limited.

There is a lot more Brexit pain to come. The 'man in the street' hasn't seen the full effect of the fall in the pound and the price rises yet.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The average (wo)man in the street on their regular salaried job has absolutely no concept on how business works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was a little surprised that nothing was said about investing the 360 million a week into the NHS like the Brexiters said would happen. ( Or did they lie? Cant be because that is what was voted for....)
    That was a lie...