Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Heat Press on a Budget
    By Omega in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-10-2016, 10:22 PM
  2. Budget....
    By mrs maggot in forum Take a Break
    Last Post: 16-03-2016, 01:46 PM
  3. transfer printing and what budget printers are available?
    By soulclaimed in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-12-2012, 07:31 PM
  4. budget paper test and review!
    By Paul in forum Reviews Section
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 01:48 PM
  5. Budget Canvases
    By Justin in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Budget

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    That was a lie...
    No it wasn't, it was a suggestion. That we could spend the money on the NHS rather than giving it to the EU who give part of our money back and spend it on the 'EU funded' projects they see fit.

The Brexit campaign were not in government, they were a referendum debating team. I'm still waiting for World War III and the economic Armageddon Remainers promised us.

Whatever happens over the next few years, business will adapt as it does for every financial disaster which has been thrown at us...I've adapted 2-3 times over the last ten years and happy with my business direction. We are creative types who solve problems, we can adapt just fine. It's the Chinese I'm worried about, not Brexit.
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 10-03-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No it wasn't,
    Oh yes it was (we could have our own pantomime)

Seriously though, firstly although I voted remain, I fully support the fact that the UK voted Leave and we must abide by that vote. I have never moaned about the result and think we need to get on with it as there is way too much uncertainty right now.

Having said that, Nigel Farage was the one who said it was a lie first. When questioned on Good Morning Britain the day after the vote (he gets all the top political slots LOL), he was the one that said "that was a lie and they should not have said that" (or words to that effect) when asked "when can we expect the 350 million a week to be spent on the NHS"

So to be fair, if Farage calls it a lie and considering who and what he stands for, then I think it is fair to call it out as one.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    No it wasn't, it was a suggestion. That we could spend the money on the NHS rather than giving it to the EU who give part of our money back and spend it on the 'EU funded' projects they see fit.

The Brexit campaign were not in government, they were a referendum debating team. I'm still waiting for World War III and the economic Armageddon Remainers promised us.

Whatever happens over the next few years, business will adapt as it does for every financial disaster which has been thrown at us...I've adapted 2-3 times over the last ten years and happy with my business direction. We are creative types who solve problems, we can adapt just fine. It's the Chinese I'm worried about, not Brexit.
    I think this thread is more likely to get locked than the other one as the bitterness of either side of the Brexit votes haven't moved on for some.

I wouldn't say it was a lie myself, just a completely hollow statement like the vast majority of what was stated during the campaign.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say it was a lie myself, just a completely hollow statement like the vast majority of what was stated during the campaign.
    I am just quoting Farage and you are right, most of what was said during the campaign was outrageous on BOTH sides...

350 million a week - woeful
    Back of the queue for the US - disgsuting
    economic Armageddo - scare mongering
    Farage in front of Syrian poster - blah..

Pretty shocking really that the public were expected to take such am important vote when both sides were churning out garbage,

USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until they trigger article 50, we are still members of the EU, and will have to still pay all the money we were paying before the vote. So there ins't anything for anyone else for at least two years!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished repricing all the garments on the website and price lists, to take into account the 12-15% price increases since last years supplier catalogues were printed.
    When you consider that a 0.3% dip in retail sales is enough to make a companies share price collapse, then a 12% increase in wholesale costs can probably justifiably be referred to as Armageddon. It probably isn't 'scare mongering'.
    The fact that I am 'adding value' to the garments, and am able to absorb much of the price rises ( apart from the volume 500+ end of the price list), doesn't mean that those rises aren't there. They will have to be passed on eventually, I am just waiting for the rest to blink first.

The full effect of Brexit hasn't hit the economy yet. Much of the pain of the reduced value of the pound has been absorbed, largely by large businesses pushing suppliers harder, or whipping the serfs harder to increase productivity.Everything will bottom out, and the consumer will get a shock.
    Brexit will play into the hands of the larger companies. Big firms will get bigger, small ones will struggle, get smaller or disapear.
    In our industry, those who can afford the £100k needed to deal direct with Fruit of the Loom, or bring their mugs in direct from China will have the edge. For smaller operators, the days of cheap stock are on the way out.

Economic Armageddon rarely happens overnight. It is like a cancer that eats away slowly, and you don't see it coming until it is on top of you.

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We survived the "temporary" value added tax imposed on us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I repriced all my items in Jan, and included the RM price hike

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I am just quoting Farage and you are right, most of what was said during the campaign was outrageous on BOTH sides...

350 million a week - woeful
    Back of the queue for the US - disgsuting
    economic Armageddo - scare mongering
    Farage in front of Syrian poster - blah..

Pretty shocking really that the public were expected to take such am important vote when both sides were churning out garbage,

I started the day procrastinating, so I'll finish that way too.

Farage had nothing to do with the 350 million a week..the figure in reality is probably a lot more ( or a lot less ) is irrelevant, so he can score brownie points for distancing himself from it. He was after all, left out of the Brexit campaign after spending twenty years campaigning against it debating in parish halls across England.

The poster was more disastrous timing rather than outrage. A similar poster was published before without the hysteria.

Back of the queue...well Obama was one of many Bilderberg globalists lining up with anti-Brexit statements. An anti-colonialist by upbringing, he hates the British.

Obama is the guy who dropped tens of thousands of bombs on north Africa to create the refugee crisis in that Farage poster...where's the outrage from the remainer-anti Trump-liberal-leftie-BBC-luvvies?

I do a fair amount of reading on the subject, this whole migrant crisis is probably no accident of war. I'll give you my part conspiracy/ part fact theory....

The European population has a low birth rate with an ageing population, compared to our baby booming parents. Instead of changing the economic model to account for this lack of taxes, the UN and the world bank produced a document suggesting that we "replace the population". How do you do that? You create a war to shift that population into where it is needed and invite them in just as Sweden and Germany have done.

Several years ago, a BBC 5 live commentator stated that the Arab Spring was not started out of a desire to change the political landscape, but was over the cost of food, bread to be more specific and this was caused by speculators on the currency markets. George Soros, a billionaire globalist famous for causing massive civil unrest by donating millions to various semi violent left wing causes and creating the collapse of currencies by speculating on the markets, most likely had a major part in this. He also stung the Bank of England for a billion pounds on Black Wednesday 1992. Apparently refugees landing in southern Europe were given a handbook written in Arabic on how to get into Europe. These were handed out by a Soros funded refugee charity.

Look at the amount of changes brought into society and law in preparation to accommodate this new population. Even expressing any kind of resistance to the idea is censored....it is relentless. In Sweden speaking out against it, would cost you your job and friends...Look up Tim Pool on YouTube a balanced journalist who went there after the Trump comments which got everybody talking about the hushed up problems in Sweden.

So you have Soros creating the civil unrest, Obama dropping the bombs, Hilary and Saudi Arabia financing each other and arming the jihadists. There were no moderate rebels according to the clergymen who went to visit. At the same time managing to convince the liberal left that they are the good guys, Trump and Brexit are the bad guys.

Conspiracy or fact...do your own research!
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 10-03-2017 at 05:02 PM.