Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Watermarks for photoshop cs6
    By christine71 in forum Software
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-03-2013, 12:33 PM

Thread: watermarks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watermarks

Hi Guys
    Not sure where to post this question. I have a client who is a wildlife photographer in his spare time but his work has become quite popular recently and has been asked by some people for his images printed on the usual suspects. This is not the issue but as his work has become more popular he has asked me to convert the logo I designed for him as a watermark so he can place it onto his photos on his website/facebook and instagram. I am using Corel and can produce a watermark using transparency but what should i save the file as. They seem to have no known editing software just a what came with his camera, which is a canon. I am guessing something like a PNG may be best. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks for looking
    Iain
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit old, but a programme called FastStone photo resizer is perfect for this. PNG watermark is best, it then allows you to automatically overlay and position the watermark :)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to vibcol For This Useful Post:

raydavies (17-03-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have saved the logo from Corel as a PNG with a transparent background but when I import it into GIMP it has a white background which is no good. When I open the PNG in corel and place it on top of a jpeg it has a clear background and it works as it should.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't use Corel but I think that's where the problem lies. When you exported the PNG image from Corel, are you sure you selected the background to be transparent? Could you upload a screenshot of the the PNG Export dialogue from Corel that appears when exporting your PNG?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    I have saved the logo from Corel as a PNG with a transparent background but when I import it into GIMP it has a white background which is no good. When I open the PNG in corel and place it on top of a jpeg it has a clear background and it works as it should.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Are you importing into Gimp as a new layer?

I don't use Gimp, though I have tried it a couple of times, but it appears that if you paste into an existing layer you get an opaque background...