Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 02:30 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  3. First Cutter
    By Disky in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-04-2015, 05:04 PM
  4. Cutter Help
    By bespokevans in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 16-08-2013, 10:57 PM
  5. cutter 48
    By funprint in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What cutter?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Justin. Im having it. Will get used to operating one etc then if the work picks up look at getting something better

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Cameo is a toy. In my opinion of corse. It does the little job but you not going to buy toy like this if you are serious about any kind of production.
    Ps i used to use craft robo, a4 version before cameo came out. I did make loads of tshirts with it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why use a sledgehammer to crack a nut? If the Cameo does what you want (and your studio space is limited) it's great (in my opinion).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my cameo lives in a cupboard somewhere, can't remember the last time I saw it.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ok, I know price is a big issue here. Not many folk, myself included, can just pull a grand or 3 from their back pocket to pay for a professional cutter, especially when they've had no previous cutting experience.

I get that.

However, most advice in this forum tends towards the more expensive options : Sawgrass inks, Adkins presses, etc. Really, it boiks down to whether you accept the advice on offer, or take a punt and possibly end up with a machine that might just get you started but doesn't cut it (pun intended!) in a business environment.

It's not an easy choice, particularly when your head is full of ideas and you can't wait to set the ball rolling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just found it too small, my cutters were not expensive, I bought good brands 2nd hand - visited where i was buying them from, saw them in operation. the cameo i bought new, thinking i could use it when we were at a show/event for cutting - but it was never going to work for us that way.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Ok, I know price is a big issue here. Not many folk, myself included, can just pull a grand or 3 from their back pocket to pay for a professional cutter, especially when they've had no previous cutting experience.

I get that.

However, most advice in this forum tends towards the more expensive options : Sawgrass inks, Adkins presses, etc. Really, it boiks down to whether you accept the advice on offer, or take a punt and possibly end up with a machine that might just get you started but doesn't cut it (pun intended!) in a business environment.

It's not an easy choice, particularly when your head is full of ideas and you can't wait to set the ball rolling.
    I would always advice to buy descent equipment. not because i have a grand in my pocket ready to be spend on the most shiny piece of equipment. No. Its because I DONT have this grand :) And I had cheap equipment and know what is like. nobody here will say it wont work. It will, But most folks been there and done that. bought cheap equipment and now they probably wish they never did.

So why spend money twice?

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I regret buying my cheap cap press. As soon as I'd pressed the Buy It Now button on eBay I knew I had made a mistake, which was confirmed when I attempted to use it.

My 2nd hand heat press was also a gamble but fortunately it's turned out to be superb. A hardly used item that was £1200 new but only cost me £500. No problems with it at all.

My Silhouette Cameo 2 is one of the best pieces of kit I've bought.

My mid range mugpress has been ok but is showing signs of wear on the heating band after 2 years and about 1000 mugs. Far better than the cheap antique one I started with.

I suppose so much depends on your circumstances, what you produce ... and sheer luck. What suits one person will be useless to another. If everything was cut and dried there'd be no need for a forum like this one LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the cutter I ended with is working great. Easy to set up and already earning me money. Its pretty noisy as has a stepper motor but its got to have some down sides with the price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which one did you go for in the end, Mugshots?