Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 02:30 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  3. First Cutter
    By Disky in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-04-2015, 05:04 PM
  4. Cutter Help
    By bespokevans in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 16-08-2013, 10:57 PM
  5. cutter 48
    By funprint in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What cutter?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What cutter?

Ok. Will be getting a tax rebate sometime in the next couple of months so been looking at getting my own vinyl cutter.

Budget will be about £350 (I know its not much) whats out there? I would probably rather buy a used more decent one than a new crap one. Keep looking at the cameo 3 which comes in budget. Or the Pixmax which Im liking as its free standing and work top space is a premium at the moment.

Also will I need any other programnes?

Any others to take into consideration?
    Last edited by Mugshots; 15-03-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Cameo will do vinyl, but is limited on width. If you need reliable print&cut though, forget it. Far better to be patient and save for a better cutter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Cameo will do vinyl, but is limited on width. If you need reliable print&cut though, forget it. Far better to be patient and save for a better cutter.
    In your opinion...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willd View Post
    In your opinion...
    What a ridiculous comment.

Surely ALL posts are the opinion of the POSTER?

I was simply speaking from experience, being a Cameo owner myself and having to give it up as a bad job.

I'll not go into detail here as to why I think the Cameo isn't up to the job of print&cut as there are ample posts already on this subject.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    What a ridiculous comment.

Surely ALL posts are the opinion of the POSTER?

I was simply speaking from experience, being a Cameo owner myself and having to give it up as a bad job.

I'll not go into detail here as to why I think the Cameo isn't up to the job of print&cut as there are ample posts already on this subject.
    You state it as if it's a fact, whereas in fact it's your opinion, apparently based on your experience.

It's a point that you seem to raise at every opportunity, and what's more pertininent to this particular thread is that it's very much opposite to our experience of the Cameo.

I had mused to myself previously as to whether you had some connection to Silver Bullet, since you so often promote their cutters in favour of the Cameo - it's not as though you come across as objective.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There are many things stated in this forum as 'fact' which are simply the opinion of the poster, based on experience - Sawgrass inks being the main one, but there are many other examples.

Where in my post above did I mention Silver Bullet cutters? I just made a point of saying that the Cameo has problems and there are , quote, 'better cutters' that may be worth saving for.

My experiences have been with the Cameo and SB cutters. Others may have different views, but I don't see them or you answering the original post. Why don't you offer help to the poster and let them know YOUR experiences, seeing as you find the Cameo such a good piece of kit? I don't honestly know what I've done to upset people in here ................

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither have upset me and I like to hear reviews off different folk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like roland or the Graphtec 6000 range but watch out for software costs they can be HIGH.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Arf. Whats the price like on those. Way out my range I expect?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugshots View Post
    Neither have upset me and I like to hear reviews off different folk
    To balance the debate, my objective opinion is that Cameo is a very useful piece of kit at an affordable (in my opinion) price. I use two Silhouette Cameo machines for clothing vinyl. Webtrekker is correct in that it is limited by its width, but that must be the case for all cutters. In the case of the Cameo the limit is 300mm. However, you can cut small oddments of vinyl very easily using a cutting mat so you don't need to waste offcuts as they can be kept for smaller jobs. We cut very intricate designs and small lettering which the Cameo manages very well. The software is quite basic, but having said that we have never upgraded to the designer edition as we use other software from which you can export cut files which the cameo can recognise. It is a simple but efficient piece of kit which is lightweight and can be moved to wherever you wish to use it, the blades last for ages (subjective view based on cutting clothing vinyl) and it is simple to operate. The downsides that spring to mind are the fact that it is not wireless so needs a cable to the computer and it can be a little noisy when cutting. That may be the same of other table top cutters. Of all the equipment I have purchased over the last few years, this has been a good buy - perfect for what I wanted and has worked without a hitch. I don't think it is necessarily sold as a professional machine and is aimed at 'crafters' but that in itself probably keeps the price down! This information is based on my own experience and I have no links to Cameo other than as a customer :)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali P For This Useful Post:

Brant (18-04-2018)