Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 02:30 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 24-07-2015, 09:26 AM
  3. First Cutter
    By Disky in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-04-2015, 05:04 PM
  4. Cutter Help
    By bespokevans in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 16-08-2013, 10:57 PM
  5. cutter 48
    By funprint in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What cutter?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ali P. All took on board. I dont mind cables. Only downside to the cameo is no stand. I would need it to be on a stand as no space on the sides as it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugshots View Post
    Thanks Ali P. All took on board. I dont mind cables. Only downside to the cameo is no stand. I would need it to be on a stand as no space on the sides as it is.
    Not forgetting you would need space front and back for the mat to have room to pass through

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graphtec CE6000-60 24" is a great machine its what you see on many stands at trade shows a good workhorse which usually change hands around the £600/700 mark. A Roland GX24 or GS24 is also a good option and they go for £400/600. There are many other cutters some that people get no problems with others that have a mountain of horror stories. Look at what our sponsors sell gives you an idea of what's going to last. I would buy used after seeing that it cust ok full width, the advantage of used it it will often come with some good software.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we have graphtec and roland. both good, i would buy graphtec if i neede another.
    most media comes in 500mm rolls, so cameo is wasteful.
    I agree, WILD did seem a little presumptious .....?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the Cameo 3 Use this one almost everyday and and it's never failed me, MDP do 300mm rolls so no waste,
    to give you more options I would go for a 24" if you have space,
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only fact worth knowing is that I am always right

However more seriously, I am with Webtrekker on the limitations of the machine, particularly the width restriction. Having said that, everyone says that they are a corker of a machine and given that they are made by Graphtec means you are getting a decent engine. I have had a brand new one sitting on my desk for about 6 months now and I have not done anything with it, I know I should experiment, but then I not really sure what I want to do with it.

Its £300 ish, don't expect something to rival a BN20, but you should soon make your cash on it.

Might be tempted to flog mine actually
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Without giving a biased opinion, you may find this comparison chart useful in deciding which cutter will be best for you -

http://www.toptenreviews.com/home/cr...ting-machines/

Hope it helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    There are many things stated in this forum as 'fact' which are simply the opinion of the poster, based on experience - Sawgrass inks being the main one, but there are many other examples.

Where in my post above did I mention Silver Bullet cutters? I just made a point of saying that the Cameo has problems and there are , quote, 'better cutters' that may be worth saving for.

My experiences have been with the Cameo and SB cutters. Others may have different views, but I don't see them or you answering the original post. Why don't you offer help to the poster and let them know YOUR experiences, seeing as you find the Cameo such a good piece of kit? I don't honestly know what I've done to upset people in here ................
    You didn't mention Silver Bullet cutters in this post, which I was anticipating, as that seems to crop up every time a cameo is mentioned.

Your post didn't upset me at all, I thought that it should be pointed out that your statement relating to the cameo, which came across as a statement of fact, shouldn't necessarily be accepted as such, as I for one have a wholly different experience with that machine.

Depending on the business one is involved in, and how far the business has progressed, there's a lot to be said for investing in a cheaper machine initially, and thus having increased sales to save up for a better machine. Ours fills a need, we have other cutters and print/cut machines for other duties, but the cameo is much better suited to a retail/production environment in our case, where space is very much at a premium.

I didn't answer the initial post as you had already commented on it, in a way that I thought may unfairly predjudice the op's view, and possibly purchase decision, hence my response to your post.

It's nothing personal :-).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ... I didn't answer the initial post as you had already commented on it, in a way that I thought may unfairly predjudice the op's view, and possibly purchase decision, hence my response to your post.

It's nothing personal :-).
    Ah, no worries. That's the trouble with written posts, the same as text messages, it's so easy to put your own slant on things. I've done it myself, so I can't complain.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

willd (16-03-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    EH271 up for sale in Sales section on here.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!