Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-04-2015, 01:57 PM
  2. Is Direct to Garment printing getting rid of transfer printing?
    By Pascale in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 07:00 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just about done with sub printing, WF7110DTW

Got a WF7110 bundle from CityInk in an attempt to fix a horizontal banding problem with my Ricoh.

Unfortunately the thing is a heap of crap, for lack of a better word. Ive had it set up for a week and haven't managed to get a single perfect nozzle check out of the poxy thing apart from when I initially set it up, ive done ONE test print which came out streaky with horizontal banding.

Ive done close to 30 nozzle cleans (Im aware doing more than 3 is never recommended but what other options do i have?)

With every clean i do, the results get worse and worse.

Image attached for your viewing displeasure
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch... that is bad

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    That's the inks not the printer I would say. I have a 7110 on long term test with cheap inks in. Switched on after 6 months, single head clean and prints spot on.....if not very slow!

I have to say Ricoh to 7110 is a backward move if you were using a 3110? I'm guessing you weren't using SG inks?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just looked at your other post, looks like you were using City Inks before as well?
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah both my Sg3110 and the Wf7110 have cityink ink in them.
    I initially had sawgrass ink in the ricoh but the colours were never spot on, so I switched to cityink and had the best half a year printing I'd ever had, colours were spot on and quality of prints was perfect.

Then one day the ricoh decided to horizontal band on the magenta, spent a week trying to fix what I actually knew was not a physical printer problem but thought sod it I'll get the Epson just to rule it out.

Now I've got 2 useless printers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Did you speak with Sawgrass about this? That could either be out of date inks, software setup, profile off etc. but they would have helped you with that. How old was it?

I'm 'assuming' the CityInk 'ink' for the Ricoh was gel based, you can't always be sure. Often sellers sell the same ink for all printer types, in the Ricoh this can start off fine but cause clogging issues later on......which seems to work in with your issues :-(

How long have you had the 7110?

I'm having a very similar conversation with a lady on Facebook who is having issues with the A4 version of your printer, same inks :-(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know about sawgrass support at the time, this was about 2 years ago when I first set up, then I discovered cityink last year and everything was spot on for ages. Sawgrass could have most likely resolved my issue, I didn't however like the sawgrass price tag but it's looking cheaper by the day at the moment!

I've had the 7110 for 2 weeks but only took it out of the box a week ago and set it up.

Just done more nozzle checks, black is looking terminal but colours are slowly getting better...
    14899360217501048075564.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Yes, this is often the case, the setup appears expensive but then you spend months trying to get a cheaper system up and running. I always ask myself, what would I charge my time at per hour and you soon start to see the expense building.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin For This Useful Post:

Earl Smith (19-03-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complete print head failure now, tried to print a random black image from the Internet and got the attached image before the printer spat it's dummy out and now thinks there's no ink cartridge in it

DSC_2665.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, i went down the sawgrass way - support in my case was the worst ever - mug prints ok but very expensive - which was not good i am only in this game to make a profit.. so i tried a epson from: Ink Express ltd £140 inks and profile includedv- results are just as good if not better the sawgrass and not lost a mug yet - printed 300 mugs full wrap pattern and still got half the original inks left.. plus the guys at express ltd are a great help unlike sawgrass which were rude and unhelpful...