Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Unusually good timing! Blanket dies.
    By JMugs in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-12-2016, 10:45 AM
  2. sub on hard hat
    By beefyor1983 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 09:41 AM
  3. Comedian Eric Sykes dies aged 89
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 02:40 PM
  4. Goodfellas mobster Henry Hill dies aged 69
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-06-2012, 12:34 AM
  5. Robin Gibb Dies !
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-06-2012, 12:21 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricoh dies after hard use.

On of my printers is a ricoh on sawgrass inks, it's about 5 years old and has died.......sniff.

It was my main printer for a long time, but then got put aside as the back up printer for the last few years. It has been used on occasions to keep it ticking over, and specifically for a commercial client that likes the shade of brown it produces. Yes I know that is odd, I have printed on other printers, and each time the brown looks the same to me, but the client moans the brown is different. They must have the most exacting eyesight ever! Note I didn't tell them it was a different printer.
    Well a while back it was putting black lines across the print in random places. Head clean no good, then manually cleaned the head with kitchen towel and magic bullet. This appeared to have done the task. Alas it has started doing again with very fine marks, just occasionally, until today when it has gone loopy with the lines.

A bit of searching around last time indicated the head was on it's way out, so was surprised when I got it working. Oh well a replacement 3110 ordered and on the way.

RIP old friend.

Janners

Edited to add more info.
    The lines are in the direction of travel of the head and are black, solid colour block prints produce solid colours without banding, but they have the black lines. My digging around showed it was likely to be a nozzle failing. In this case I guess the black one!
    Last edited by JMugs; 20-03-2017 at 01:24 PM.