Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Matt or Gloss Slates

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll

Similar Threads

1. 19 x 19cm MATT slates.
    By Mugshots in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 02:40 PM
  2. ICC on Gloss or matt?
    By JMugs in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 11:02 AM
  3. Matt or Photo Black
    By Chris1964 in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-05-2016, 04:15 PM
  4. Photo slates
    By GoonerGary in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16-01-2014, 09:01 PM
  5. other photo slates
    By bassqee in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 03:02 PM
    Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Matt versus Gloss Photo Slates

Looking for a bit of feedback on the slates moving forward. One of our suppliers has accidentally sent us some Matt photo slates instead of gloss by mistake. However after testing them the Matt ones have come out very well and look a better product, and the general feedback here is the Matt ones are nicer. I know people have had issues with the Matt ones before going by other posts and this is the first time we have had them in as we have only ever sold the Gloss ones but just wondered what other people thought are on them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I agree completely, matt are far nicer finish imo. I found the overall quality of the matt slates to be far better than gloss ones I bought from another supplier.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double agree with above. No matter what time temp and pressure etc I always had crap results with gloss. Matt ones mint first time every time and less "overspray" on the chiselled edges. By FAR a better product!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had a problem with the gloss but just ordered some matt to see what I'm missing
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Matt Gloss. Wasn't he in Bros?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

mrs maggot (27-03-2017), UK Printed Mugs (22-03-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot me now

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mugshots For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (22-03-2017)

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DyeSubSupplies View Post
    Looking for a bit of feedback on the slates moving forward. One of our suppliers has accidentally sent us some Matt photo slates instead of gloss by mistake. However after testing them the Matt ones have come out very well and look a better product, and the general feedback here is the Matt ones are nicer. I know people have had issues with the Matt ones before going by other posts and this is the first time we have had them in as we have only ever sold the Gloss ones but just wondered what other people thought are on them
    Dysubsuliyers. .I would like to point something out for u ......your shipping is free only after £250 ..But if you can do Free shipping for £100 min I am sure you will get more business ..also if you can offer 10% for DFS members you will be getting more business for sure ...��

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Ravisteam, Thanks for the feedback always appreciated. The problem with your suggestion is that our starter kits are already discounted by 10% and also most of the blanks are discounted by either 5 or 10% on volumes purchased we also offer a loyalty scheme which gives a discount as well, so to start offering discounts on every purchase wouldn't be feasible for us unfortunately.
    With regards to shipping the price on the site is £5.99 is actually less than it costs us to send out, everything goes out next day via a courier, as you will be aware that couriers charge by weight so most orders are costing more than the £5.99 anyway.
    The research we have done is that we are competitive and also shipping is similar to other companies and cheaper than a lot, if you could supply some examples we can take a look.
    Obviously we are all in business to make a living and keep the woolf away from the door and there are only so many discounts you can offer when the margins are tight to start with.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Ravisteam View Post
    Dysubsuliyers. .I would like to point something out for u ......your shipping is free only after £250 ..But if you can do Free shipping for £100 min I am sure you will get more business ..also if you can offer 10% for DFS members you will be getting more business for sure ...��