Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Hello from Lithuania

Hi guys,

Did a lot of reading on this forum. Finally decided to write something. :)

So here goes my "New member introductions".

For the past month me and my wife are building up our home based sublimation business. I'm a senior software developer and my wife works as a graphic designer. A perfect combination to start a web based personalized phone case business. Only what was missing its this small printing process called sublimation (or as i thought at the beginning).

The Adventure:

Setup:
    Used red 3D sublimation machine
    - seller did not include a power cable (so i had to open up the box and magaiver a power supply solution)
    - at startup vacuum failed (got in with a screwdriver - found a broken pipe)
    Used Epson WF-2530 printer
    - seller did include a power cable but the plug was for UK (small trip to a hardware store, got the right plug, fixed it.)
    Chinese Ink
    Chinese Paper

First Sublimation Day
    Did some prints with the Epson and Sublimated 5 phone case covers. Noticed that red-redish color is missing. Found out that the printer head is clogged.
    Still a very happy day. Finally got the first results.

Found some videos on youtube about unclogging the printer head. Disassembled the printer/printer head. With a syringe cleaned out printer nozzles. Got it up and running. It worked for 3-4min and then got toasted (i knew the risks). Bought me a multimeter and checked the power supply (Fine.). Disassembled the printer and got the main board out (Fuse is fine but two transistor have burned). Ordered some replacement transistors from china. At this point im not sure if i can reassemble the printer and if its worth it (but it was fun - not my regular day job :))

So now we are waiting for a brand new Ricoh sg3110dn
    Also i'm researching some suppliers and other machines (film/papper/heat presses).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good to know. How is the business now?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new venture. Our main business is 3D phone cases so give me a shout if I can help, we also offer drop ship fulfilment world wide.

Justin
    DSF Admin
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Justin, this is an old thread, resurrected by Curry (again!).