Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Two of the same printers are printing different colours!
    By brightday83 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 21-12-2016, 07:02 PM
  2. For Sale complete garment printing and sublimation kit for sale, press, stock, printers
    By ptholt in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-07-2013, 12:04 AM
  3. transfer printing and what budget printers are available?
    By soulclaimed in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30-12-2012, 08:31 PM
  4. Printers capable of printing on card
    By barryslip in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-01-2011, 04:59 PM
  5. Canvas printing with ink jet printers
    By morrowmedia in forum Printers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 01:32 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

printing on Canves .good printers..

Hi guys ..is it feasible to use a Roland eco sol printer to print on Canves or best to go with Epsom ,HP pigment ink route......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravisteam View Post
    Hi guys ..is it feasible to use a Roland eco sol printer to print on Canves or best to go with Epsom ,HP pigment ink route......
    Although we haven't done this as yet, when we bought our Versacamm second hand some years ago I did a test print of a duckling on a lake, the photo showing both above and below the waterline.

I didn't know what to expect, but was stunned at how good the print was (it was onto md5-100 white gloss media), the detail and clarity were amazing to me.

I've subsequently seen criticism of the lack of colours in the gamut of the eco-sol inks, but I think you've got to be a professional with a critical eye before it's an issue - certainly when printed onto a canvass.

I've got a 30" x 20" canvass to print in the next few days, so I'll report back then.
    Last edited by willd; 23-03-2017 at 09:30 PM. Reason: typo as ever...

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply ....I've got a vesacamm. . But not sure it's good for canvas quality vice and price vice .specialy when cheap HP cannon do the job .......so do you still print canvases from your vesacamm? ? ..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I bought an HP Z2100, cracking canvas print.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I bought an HP Z2100, cracking canvas print.
    I saw your threads about the HP ...I already have a Roland but is it a overkill ....love to see a comparison of solvent vs pigment ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was my first test canvas done on a Roland VP300 ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pigment, eco solvent, full solvent and latex will all print canvas however the later 3 will need a different canvas to the pigment ink.
    Quality wise and Epson, HP, Canon I'll give better results but not noticeable on canvas as they are photographic printers.
    however if you are wanting a more versatile machine go for an eco solvent or if you are feeling flush a latex. Full solvent is not advisable.
    once you are set up and are looking for canvas and stretcher bars take a look at our site or if you need any more information feel free to give us a call.
    www.canvasandstretcherbars.co.uk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stretcher bars is another competitive market and no doubt there will be quality and detail comparisons to learnabout. Dyesub, you have a price match guarantee, do you match colourbyte who include wedges? Have you some helpful hints and tips on what to look for when comparing quality and features of materials that would be useful for those thinking to try this area out. Thanks. Mark

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've never printed to canvas, but back in the day I used to sell those imported oil paintings on the market, you know, the ones where half a dozen artists paint bits of the same picture! I have to say though, some of them were stunning, and we sold hundreds in sizes ranging from 8" x 10" to 36" x 24".

We bought stretcher bars and frames in bulk. They were imported from China and shipped from our suppliers in Manchester. The stretchers had knots and edge holes (where the knots had dropped out) but were perfectly adequate for the job. We stretched the canvases, popped in the ply wedges and fixed the finished painting to a frame of the customer's choice using z-clips.

I still have paintings in the house from that time (over 30 years ago) and the frames and stretchers are as good as new. You don't need to be paying top dollar for stretcher bars.

A tip: If you have a canvas that has been stretched and is wrinkled or sagging, simply wet a sponge in lukewarm water and gently soak the back of the canvas. When it dries it will be tight again and as good as new. There's not always a need to faff on with , or even fit, wedges.