Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. t shirt transfer printer
    By tiamaria in forum Printers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-03-2015, 11:53 AM
  2. best ink to use for printing inkjet t-shirt transfer paper
    By george in forum Transfers & Transfer Papers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 21-01-2015, 07:26 PM
  3. T-shirt transfer paper
    By muckyducky in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-11-2014, 12:07 AM
  4. Sublimation Dark T-Shirt Transfer paper
    By Seamus in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-04-2013, 07:34 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different T-shirt Transfer paper?

Hello,

I've been looking throughout the forum on the different type of transfer paper that you can buy and have become a bit confused with it all.

I don't know what one i need or printer to use so i thought if i could tell you want i want then maybe someone could point me in the right direction to the paper/printer that i need.

I would like to produce some t-shirts with character designs (for personal use) these will be on mainly white t-shirts. I have recently just sussed out my cutter for vinyl but the images I want to use have more colours. I have seen transfer paper that you print on which can be pressed onto tshirt without the need to weed them. This seems like a great idea, what printer would i need and any idea on what the best paper to use?
    Sorry if this has been asked numerous times but when searching the forums i keep reading posts that are several years old and am wondering if there has been any changes to the paper used.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perhaps talk with www.yolo.co.uk They also provide discounts on transfer papers for DSF members.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.

I know there are various ones I am not too sure which would work best for me....

I will definitely check yolo out. I have seen them as well as Magic Touch and forever papers. I've watched loads of YouTube videos and they look too good to be true.

Is there a special laser printer needed for it? Im worried that the ink would disappear when wet/washed?

I have just seen laser printer Vinyl is this similar?

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions, I have loads of ideas but am limited by my equipment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You say 'mainly white' t-shirts? If these are polyester then you can simply do a normal dyesub print on them. Cotton shirts or darker colours require different techniques though, and there a quite a few choices. No doubt someone with more experience than myself will soon be along to answer your questions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply webtrekker.

I have the dyesub but wanted to look at different avenues for several reasons: 1) Polyester material is not as breathable as cotton and especially as i want to create t-shirts for kids 2) Costs to purchase clothing and (hopefully) create designs will be cheaper 3) a slightly wider choice of colours and styles of clothing 4)More chance my wife will agree for me to buy a laser printer and 5) I have an an allergy to Polyester (clothing mainly).

Thanks again

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Polyester sports wicking t shirts are very on trend and can be sublimated onto no problem otherwise ask suppliers for samples to try and what laser printers they offer or suggest. On trend btw is just trying to sound cool and like i know what I'm talking about lol