Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mug Designs
    By spezzo in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-01-2017, 08:04 PM
  2. Mug designs
    By bobblehed in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2015, 11:41 PM
  3. are designs like these ok?
    By guarddog14 in forum Copyright and other legal matters
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16-07-2014, 01:02 AM
  4. mock up designs
    By Neilb78 in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 01:01 AM
  5. Stock Designs / Commercial Use Vectors
    By liannef in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-05-2014, 05:23 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stock Designs Vs Customer designs

I've got a bit of free time coming up and am trying to build on what I have done (which is not much).

I've been creating a few mugs for people to gain experience and have had issues with choosing designs.

Do you find Stock Designs more appealing to customers or a customer coming to you with their own design?

My mugs I created were for friends and i thought they would have an idea of what they wanted but they didn't. It took a lot of going back and forth to get ideas and to create a mug that they wanted. I appreciate that no one can predict what designs are going to be popular it's just the general consensus on the demands from people?

From general research (eBay etc) it seems that designs customers can choose from appear popular however it would be nice to hear what your thoughts on it are.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Customer designs are ok if you are selling in bulk, but not worth the effort for one-offs. Also, most customers just don't understand the limitations of dyesub printing and it's a continuous exchange of emails before you get something they're happy with. Customers photographs are notoriously difficult to print and usually require a lot of work in Photoshop beforehand.

Personally, I'd forget customer designs, forget stock images and work on your own designs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply.

I have found photos a nightmare!! Trying to use photos taken from mobile phones and then sent via WhatsApp and then they want them printed has been a pain in the a**e for me.

Sorry with Stock designs, I meant designs i created and advertised. I think this is probably the best way to go too.

I will only use photos for special events like Mother's Day etc.

I just now need to find what sells, that shouldn't be too tricky......

Thanks against​

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use my own designs all the time. If a Customer wants it cutomising then I will do it, but it doesn't happen that often.