Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Gold sequins etc
    By Greybeard in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 10:30 AM
  2. Gold Metal Print
    By easiprint in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-10-2014, 05:43 PM
  3. gold/silver mugs
    By bigj2552 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-05-2012, 10:16 PM
  4. gold ink ??
    By skru in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21-04-2011, 09:41 PM
  5. Silver & Gold Vinyl ........ anyone used it?
    By AdamB in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-11-2010, 01:02 PM

Thread: Gold prints

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gold prints

Hi fellow members,
    I have been asked to produce some vintage graphics for an old milk float. My client wants gold text with a drop shadow but is not keen on doing it with cut vinyl as there would be an overlap between the gold and black shadow. I only know of the BN-20 that can print metallic colours and was wondering if anyone on here who uses the metallic colours would want to print and cut these off for me on a vehicle grade vinyl.

Thanks for looking
    Iain
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm not a sign vinyl user, but I imagine you mean that you'll cut a set of letters in black and gold then overlay the gold on the black, displaced slightly to produce the drop shadow effect. Is this correct?

Would it not be possible to cut the black shadow so that it fits exactly around the gold text? You should be able to subtract the gold text layer from the black text layer in your software.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a Versacam configured to print metallic as you require

However I do not recommend this sort of printing for your needs. The metallic ink used in a Roland is very unstable and requires laminating afterwards (I do not do laminating). If you still want to do go this route then it is going to be very very expensive and I suspect will not last.

If I was asked to decorate the vehicle I would go the vinyl route even though I own a machine that can print and cut your exact requirements.

Due to machine load I am currently a two to three week lead time.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I'm not a sign vinyl user, but I imagine you mean that you'll cut a set of letters in black and gold then overlay the gold on the black, displaced slightly to produce the drop shadow effect. Is this correct?

Would it not be possible to cut the black shadow so that it fits exactly around the gold text? You should be able to subtract the gold text layer from the black text layer in your software.

That is exactly the process I would do. If you try and cut the shadow exactly it it very difficult to get the realignment spot on on the vehicle also a small overlap helps with any shrinkage over time as you don't get a gap between the two vinyls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    I have a Versacam configured to print metallic as you require

However I do not recommend this sort of printing for your needs. The metallic ink used in a Roland is very unstable and requires laminating afterwards (I do not do laminating). If you still want to do go this route then it is going to be very very expensive and I suspect will not last.

If I was asked to decorate the vehicle I would go the vinyl route even though I own a machine that can print and cut your exact requirements.

Due to machine load I am currently a two to three week lead time.
    I thought that may be the case but wanted to here from someone who has had experience of the inks.
    I will go down the cut vinyl route I think or just get it printed and cut but not with gold ink just a gold Pantone as I need the tiger as a print and cut anyway.

Many thanks
    Iain

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could add a drop shadow to the text and cut that in black, then cut the text in gold and put it on top of the black.TIGER DROP.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgall2 View Post
    You could add a drop shadow to the text and cut that in black, then cut the text in gold and put it on top of the black.TIGER DROP.jpg
    That is how to do it but my client did want a double layer of vinyl.

Many thanks
    Iain