Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Getting things straight!!!!
    By bfos in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-08-2016, 08:01 PM
  2. lining up images straight
    By omar78 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-10-2015, 01:00 AM
  3. Straight Sided Bone China Sub Mugs
    By Steamy in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15-09-2013, 10:32 PM
  4. Full Wrap Mugs - with straight sides?
    By fr3spirit in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 15-08-2012, 10:59 PM
  5. El Grande with straight sides
    By JSR in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, leave it up. We too are hiding nothing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think the main person at fault here is the customer.

Looking at the full set of photos uploaded I can't see what was so unacceptable about those prints. I have a cupboard full of mugs we've bought over the years for use in the home with many worse than your examples, yet never given them a second thought. I can hold many of them together and they aren't straight sided, a true straight sided mug is a rarity.

So yes, maybe time to put it down to experience and draw a line under it............. but preferably not a green one!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the mugs are acceptable. It is a tricky design where you have a perfectly straight line hovering 5mm above the base. No hiding place for any error. The original photos posted looks like the print is kicking out the opposite way.... down in the corner.

The whole process is done by hand and not machine. Paper cut by hand and positioned by hand. The mugs are generally cheap items and as mentioned with others, it is not a precision process, just as near as possible.

We print quite a lot of the different China mugs. As it is far lighter weight a product with thinner body we know to expect barrelling and tapering to the base. Putting a straight pine across the lower part of the mug results in a slight smile, so takes some adapting to get right.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    So yes, maybe time to put it down to experience and draw a line under it............. but preferably not a green one!
    I see what you did there ;-)

At first I thought they looked fine, but if you turn the picture they actually look worse with the mug the right way up than they do horizontal. I wouldn't be over the moon with that result I don't think.

Regardless, I'd have thought that rather than handing out freebies to anyone who asks, it would have been much better all round to give Mugshots a free box of mugs or a credit note and save on the ill feeling and prevent the public spat. It's only 30 mugs at the end of the day. Might have even created some good publicity and a happy customer that praises your after sales service to others. Well worth the cost of a box of mugs as word of mouth is everything these days.

With a bit of savvy, a negative could have been turned into a positive for both parties.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucifax For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (27-04-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lucifax. I suggested this to DSS via email as we like their mugs and would of just used them for non full wrap designs but no.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugshots View Post
    Hi Lucifax. I suggested this to DSS via email as we like their mugs and would of just used them for non full wrap designs but no.
    It's just self destructive to piss off any customer, even more so as a distributer that benefits from loyalty and repeat orders.

To do it for the sake of £30 plus an added public show of how we treat a customer with a problem ....... not the smartest display of business acumen I've ever witnessed. Especially when a credit note off your next order and a bit of calling you names to the girls in the office, would have probably nipped it all in the bud.
    Last edited by Lucifax; 27-04-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So Dye Sub Supplies (DSS) sent me some mugs to take a look at and review. Before I write my review I will say that I have no loyalty to DSS and in fact have consistently stated that they will not get my business due to Listawood being 5 miles up the road from me. I am always fair and honest whenever I review something, pointless doing so otherwise.

In short, I see absolutely nothing wrong with these mugs. In my opinion they are a really nice white mug, nice to touch and really smooth inside. The manufacture quality of the mug is definitely one of the better available and would have no hesitation in using them.

I have printed on two of the four mugs sent. One I did for a mate as a birthday present. I did tell him that the mug was a sample and should it fade or deteriorate in anyway then to let me know. I will report back should he say anything. The other one I printed as the picture shows. No adjustment to the artwork and wrapped the same way I wrap any mug. I have measured the line at several points and the variance is less than .5mm. It is fair to say this could be my wrapping, and I certainly think it is well within the standards I expect.

These are 11oz mugs, personally I prefer the smaller 10oz, but I know many of you prefer this size and if you do, then I would certainly recommend giving them a try.

Attached Images Attached Images
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair play to your honest review. I wont knock it at all. The mugs that I had were the 10oz. I have again tried with a design of my own but still cant get a full wrap straight. I will pop a picture or 2 up shortly.

Edit, no I wont as it contains NSFW material. I dont know why, I just cant seem to get the wrap to sit right
    Last edited by Mugshots; 08-05-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a similar problem but my mugs seem ok so I did a test print on my pre-cut paper for mugs and my sg400 is not printing as it should!

It is printing at a slight angle not much but enough to make a straight line look wonky when on the mug!

Might be worth testing on your printer?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tam. Sorry to hear of your problems. Its 100% not the printer. I have tried the same images on 2 different styles of mugs without problems.