Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Getting things straight!!!!
    By bfos in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-08-2016, 07:01 PM
  2. lining up images straight
    By omar78 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-10-2015, 12:00 AM
  3. Straight Sided Bone China Sub Mugs
    By Steamy in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15-09-2013, 09:32 PM
  4. Full Wrap Mugs - with straight sides?
    By fr3spirit in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 15-08-2012, 09:59 PM
  5. El Grande with straight sides
    By JSR in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it also depends on how tightly you clamp up .... ideally as gently as possible without gas bleeding, - it makes the blanket last as long as possible, - but if you get some imperfect mugs, - just crank up the pressure a bit.
    You can 'shift' the mug part way through the bake, - my mug press, once it starts the countdown lets me release it, - shift it 1cm and re clamp, - so if you have uneven pressure, - perhaps the blanket is getting a bulge memory, - you get to even out the pressure a bit.
    A pita, but a workaround until the box is empty and you buy some good mugs.
    As mentioned previous, - Listawood great value, if ebay sells cheaper, they will not be worth the trouble 9 times out of 9.5!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Steve from Dye Sublimation Supplies has asked me to post this picture. I have put it against another mug I originally thought was my fault but the barrel shaped mugs obviously havn't helped at all. You can clearly see the picture and green line are not straight due to the barrel shape.
    I was still emailing Steve up until today where I have basically said I can't be bothered anymore and will have to take the loss on the chin. Will just cross DSS off my suppliers list. Anyway heres the pic thats been asked for....

Last edited by Mugshots; 19-04-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    To be fair, I've had a lot worse than those from other suppliers. Even the Listawood AAA's I use now have slight gaps showing when placed together. Manufacturing ceramic mugs is never going to be an exact process, however, I find the ones that taper towards the top or bottom to be the most problematic, causing the wrap to fit a slightly conical section when in the press.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Mugshots (20-04-2017)

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Please see the images above which are the ones that mugshots sent us we hadn't seen the one he uploaded yesterday until he uploaded it i asked him to up load these images but for some reason wouldn't. We would really appreciate other peoples views on them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt see your email requesting these pictures else I would of uploaded them no problem. Ive got nothing to hide have I.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to think "They are mugs...not finely engineered bits of scientific equipment" and it is what I would say and have said to customers. I still have those customers. See Pisquee's reply and you may solve the problem although your customer is making mountains out of bugger all!

Of course being unhappy they have sent all the mugs back haven't they.....they have haven't they....or not? They wouldn't complain, get them for free and still use them would they? I don't trust customers at all, not one bit.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had no choice but to use them at 2 shows very shortly after receiving them. I am awaiting how many they didnt use so I can replace them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re-read everything whilst having a cuppa and even pondered.....as much as I quite enjoy a kick a supplier / product as much as anyone. On this one I would say that mug is acceptable. I would not reject it.

Nobody else appears to want to chime in here, so we have your view, my view and not a pint in sight to put the world to right over!

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugshots View Post
    They had no choice but to use them at 2 shows very shortly after receiving them. I am awaiting how many they didnt use so I can replace them
    We cross posted there.

I have seen much, much worse at shows from big organisations. If they were that concerned they wouldn't take them, the ones they bring back...oh guess what they ordered too many and found a way to not pay for them.

Do you detect a slight lack of trust of customers from me.....just a smidge?

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will drop you a pm Jmugs as dont want to discuss customers business on an open forum ;-)