Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Do you need to Mod an Epson WP 4095 for Sublimation?
    By buffalo joe in forum Printers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2016, 03:45 PM
  2. Sublimation ink Epson 1500
    By M.wie in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-01-2016, 05:25 PM
  3. EPSON S22 for sublimation
    By Air MArshall in forum Printers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 19-06-2013, 05:39 PM
  4. Sublimation ink for a epson sx125
    By mjcb in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 08:53 AM
  5. For Sale Epson B1100 Sublimation system, Xpres Mug Press 2000, Epson B42W
    By Spawn in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-04-2011, 12:31 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sublimation ink in Epson

Hi

I bought a Ricoh SG3110DN printer second hand and it had sublijet inks already in it. The inks are now getting low and I need to look at replacing them.

I notice that sublijet inks are very expensive and I am wondering are they cost effective? Is it a case of a high outlay but overall it works out the same as buying lots of cheap ones that run out far quicker?

Also, I have an Epson R300 printer that I have had for a few years and just use it for everyday printing. I am thinking or trying some cheap sublimation ink in it to see what sort of results I get (mainly mugs).
    If it mucks the printer up then I haven't lost too much but if mug printing produces poor results could I carry on using the sub ink for every day printing rather than waste it?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cost per mug for Sublijet v cheaper inks is didly squat. People get all excited about it, but hey ho everybody to their own. I use sawgrass stuff in a ricoh other in an epson 1500w with a ciss, and I do my own profiles. My question is "is it worth your time?", or do you enjoy the challenge? If no to both of those stick with what works for you.

Janners

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI mrsm , Epson R300 ..Is not a good printer to go with ..You will get lot of head blocking issues for sure ...Thats my experience with them I bought over 15 of them as when ever one get blocked I used another (Unblocking their heads is not gonna work ) however I used them for nearly a year and made bit of money.Only + point is you can buy a second hand one for £20 if something goes wrong buy another ..Prints are good as they are 6 colour printers .....If you have time to deal with head issues its fine tho ..