Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-08-2015, 03:25 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with 3D sublimation

Hi I am looking for some help with 3D sublimation.

I bought the 3D sublimation unit attached and have it installed with the correct AC power outlet.
    I also bought an Epson printer with Sublimation ink also attached.
    I bought sublimation transfer paper also attached.

I have tried to print onto sublimation phone cases but I can't get any transfer. I have also tried to print onto T-shirts but can't get any transfer there as well. Maybe the T-shirt needs to be pre-coated? The phone case blanks should be good to go but I can't get anything to work. I also tried mugs but I think they need to be coated beforehand? I'm stuck and would really appreciate some advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What ICC profile are you using, temps, times and are you printing on the correct side of the paper. I don't think T shirts can be printed in the 3D press. Are the mugs you bought sublimation mugs. Pre heated your puck. Many more questions. Have you used the search option as many of these questions and many more answers can be found here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi yes I freely admit that I am very new to this and there is so much that I don't know.

So is the paper the correct type for Sublimation on phone cases & mugs etc? How can I tell what side to print on?
    What is an ICC Profile?
    I am using the times recommended with the instruction cd that came with the 3D heat press unit. I'm pretty sure I preheated the device.
    What is a puck?
    I will start searching for info to learn more, thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I am relatively new to sub printing. I understand your frustration. Lots of mistakes later we are well away now. Research and test. That's my advice

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Simply put, an ICC profile interceps the colour values sent from your graphics software to your printer and 'adjusts' them to match the specific ink and paper you are using. A sublimation print looks awful with respect to colour, but the transferred image prints fine on the item.

You need to ask your ink supplier for an ICC profile, or have someone make one up for you (usually at a small cost). Change the printer settings in your software to 'Photoshop manages colour' or similar, depending on the software you use, and make sure the ICC profile is loaded.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As stated above there are lots of reasons why the image didn't sublimate, regarding the T-shirts you definitely can't sublimate them in a 3d oven. If you need anymore help or advice you can give Adam a call on 01228 588 960 and he will be able to help you out. Also we have a 3D press similar to that one set up in a demo room just outside Carlisle in Cumbria so depending on your location you are welcome to come and see it in action here.