Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 12:27 AM
  2. Sold George Knight DK20S Swing Heat Press 16" x 20" Size
    By Fidget242 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-04-2014, 01:52 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 10:36 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faults in glaze"not faulty"?!

Just contacted a supplier regarding faults in the glaze as I wanted a refund on some unusable mugs. The response was "Our mugs are manufactured products and are priced as such. However, as with all manufactured glazed pottery there may be blemishes or marks upon the pottery ‘finish' or within the ‘glaze’. These are not defects and we do not accept ‘returns' of mugs (as defective) on the basis of such blemishes or marks."
    Surely if the mugs are unusable for the purpose they are intended for then they are faulty? I'm not just talking about the odd minor dimple, one has a chip to the glaze, like it was stuck to another in the firing, one has a pink mark and one had a black "bit" stuck to the rim etc. It's difficult as I can not seem to source the type/size of mug elsewhere.
    Anyone else had issues (I am sensing rolling of eye at that question!).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Seriously though, it's not fun, when you know your customers will not accept the defects. Sending out defective mugs not only harms future business but is such a hassle having to refund people and may result in unwanted negative feedback on ebay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name and shame so we dont buy junk from them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put a photo up of some of the problems as it is easier to judge if this is beyond what is acceptable. As they say, there would be a certain level of flaws but I would expect all mugs to be use able. If you spot a pinhole flaw in the coating and you have a full panel black design then you might not with to use the mug for that. I am sure there might be easier designs where it would not be noticed though. If there we just one mug with a very bad flaw you might put that down to a one off. If there are a few in every box then I would not be buying any mugs from them again if they see that as acceptable.

What mug style was it that you can't get elsewhere?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've always used BMS for mugs, and been very happy with them, but decided to try the Duraglaze to see what they were like, and if we were happy with them the small price saving would be a bonus.

I don't think we've ever had a faulty mug from BMS, so were very disappointed with the Duraglaze mugs - we had one with the handle smashed off, which I suppose one can overlook, but we've had maybe four or five out of the box - we've not reached the bottom yet! - that have either pinholes in the coating or chips to the upper or lower edges. On the underside on some of the mugs - where they are unglazed on the edge - they have brownish marks embedded in or stuck onto the mug, which makes it look dirty before we touch it.

An altogether unhappy experience, and we're continuing with the BMS mugs...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all have had different experiences I guess. A few years ago and sent a pallet back to BMS as were unusable. Xpres I wasn't bothered about the standard earlier last year whilst others like them. Not had any real problems with Listawood.

There are different batches that come in to the country and now and then the quality drops off. I used to buy from an importer who had a nightmare with quality over 6 months. Looked great and flawless before printing but the coating suffered under heat...... which was obviously a problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Only problem I've had so far was with a box of the spoon mugs from The Transfer Press. One broken and 5 with hairline cracks, probably mishandled during delivery. I emailed them, not for replacements but just to make them aware, yet they posted out 6 replacements immediately, which I was impressed with. I have since ordered more of these mugs with no problems whatsoever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willd View Post
    We've always used BMS for mugs, and been very happy with them, but decided to try the Duraglaze to see what they were like, and if we were happy with them the small price saving would be a bonus.

I don't think we've ever had a faulty mug from BMS, so were very disappointed with the Duraglaze mugs - we had one with the handle smashed off, which I suppose one can overlook, but we've had maybe four or five out of the box - we've not reached the bottom yet! - that have either pinholes in the coating or chips to the upper or lower edges. On the underside on some of the mugs - where they are unglazed on the edge - they have brownish marks embedded in or stuck onto the mug, which makes it look dirty before we touch it.

An altogether unhappy experience, and we're continuing with the BMS mugs...
    Hi Willd,

Really sorry that you have found some issues in the box of mugs from us. Sometimes there can be breakages in transit, this can be handles broken or chips in the mug. We don't get this very often but if you do come across this then let us know and we will raise a credit note for the affected mugs.

Thanks
    Mel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In all fairness to Listawood, my last box of mugs were 10oz Duraglaze AAA and every single mug in the box was not only acceptable, but perfect.

However, having been a parcel courier for a number of years, I know only too well the horrors most parcels go through between leaving the supplier to arriving with the customer. I've seen expensive mountain bikes and computer systems thrown across the depot floor because no one could be arsed to move them properly. I've seen lighter parcels used for games of football! So, I fully expect to receive a dodgy shipment from time to time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Listawood (18-04-2017)