Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Slow down Ricoh 3110
    By Jerry in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-01-2017, 01:05 AM
  2. ricoh 3110
    By bigj2552 in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 11:22 AM
  3. Ricoh 3110 on or off?
    By Simon in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 12:01 PM
  4. Ricoh 3110 ink levels
    By viccar in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-01-2013, 10:58 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 22-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone interested helping with a new Ricoh 3110 DNw set-up?

Hello everyone. Think I've read as much info as I could find on this printer on this forum and elsewhere but still not finding the info I need to get it up and going properly.
    So it's a new Ricoh 3110 DNw off ebay and It came with refillable sublijet cartridges.

What I have done so far:

-Installed the sublimation cartridges and charged the ink through the lines with success.
    -Tried downloading the drivers from a link that the ebay seller sent me via email. But still can't seem to open the files.

Maybe my first question should be:
    -Do I need to register the printer through Ricoh in order for it to work?
    The ebay seller did send me 2 downloadable dvds with the printer but I am using a laptop with no DVD driver so that doesn't really help.

I would be happy at this point just to be able to print anything. I have set up many other brands of inkjet printers in the past with not this much difficulty.

Thanks in advance for any help getting me started in the right direction of what I should do first.

-TD

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What make of inks are in this printer? You mentioned Sublijet R, does it state that on the cartridges?

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I doubt if it is sublijet R ink as that is a Sawgrass ink. They do not sell refillable ink carts or otherwise for Ricoh's.

If it were me I would do the following:

Firstly get the printer up and running as I would any other printer. So download the correct printer driver from Ricoh and make sure the printer actually works with your computer. Once this has worked you then need to install the driver/software/icc profile that your supplier has given you. You will need this because without it your colours will be all over the place.

If you are unable to open the files then it is probably because they are compressed. Try a search on the file extension to see if that tells you what program is required to open the links.

Lastly, you do not need a DVD player to watch a downloadable "movie". The player/DVD disc is just the carrier and player. If they supplied a link then save the file to your machine and start watching.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes sublijet R they say

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TDB View Post
    Hello everyone. Think I've read as much info as I could find on this printer on this forum and elsewhere but still not finding the info I need to get it up and going properly.
    So it's a new Ricoh 3110 DNw off ebay and It came with refillable sublijet cartridges.

What I have done so far:

-Installed the sublimation cartridges and charged the ink through the lines with success.
    -Tried downloading the drivers from a link that the ebay seller sent me via email. But still can't seem to open the files.

Maybe my first question should be:
    -Do I need to register the printer through Ricoh in order for it to work?
    The ebay seller did send me 2 downloadable dvds with the printer but I am using a laptop with no DVD driver so that doesn't really help.

I would be happy at this point just to be able to print anything. I have set up many other brands of inkjet printers in the past with not this much difficulty.

Thanks in advance for any help getting me started in the right direction of what I should do first.

-TD
    To install the printer it would be easiest if you googled the printer driver from Ricoh's website and just installed that. This will get the printer working.

Sawgrass have the downloadable PowerDriver for the SubliJetR inks but when you say SubliJetR and Refillable in the same sentence then this starts to ring bells. You won't get SubliJetR ink in bulk to refill cartridges so I don't think this is what you've got and in which case the Sawgrass PowerDriver won't be a match for your ink. You'll need to get a profile made or speak to your eBay seller for the colour correction profile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I will try getting it up and running like any other printer then... that was something I was not quite sure of so will definitely try that next.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes sublijet R they say
    Can you upload a photo? Martin (BMS) has just confirmed what I said. Sawgrass do not sell ink for a Ricoh that you can refill. They ONLY sell genuine Sawgrass carts. It might be different in the states, but I doubt it to be honest.

The above aside, get the printer running as a normal printer first

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If not a link to the ebay purchase might help one of determine what is happening.

ALso, copy and paste the links to the downloads they have sent you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK, well that is definitely not Sublijet R ink.

But don't panic :-) Many people on here do not use Sawgrass ink and achieve just as good results, and often better. The key issue with ink is consistency over time. That is for a later date and when you have more knowledge under your belt so don't worry about that for now.

In the meantime, follow the suggestions of getting the printer to run as a standard inkjet Ricoh. Once you know that it works then you can set about installing the specific drivers and profiles for sublimation ink.