Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Question regarding Ricoh SG7100DN and Ricoh SG800
    By Lebowski in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-11-2016, 09:38 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 22-10-2012, 10:35 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricoh ink help please!!

Tonight i've just settled down to actually start using the Ricoh SG3100 that i bought second hand a while back, i have flushed the cartridges (Sawgrass Sublijet R) through a few times while it has been sat waiting for me to find the time to try it out. Ive got to the stage where im about to print my first image, and its now telling me its out of Cyan and Yellow ink.

Having looked at the price of a new set of these, and been told by the Mrs "not a bloody chance", i need to find a cheaper alternative to try, just to get myself up and running and producing something. Im new to this, but have been reading a lot from the vast experience of you guys, and understand i need an ICC profile for whichever ink i choose.

I'm just looking to see what i can and cant yet do and need to learn, so ultimate professional quality isn't the deciding factor, i just need something thats decent quality enough for me to experiment with and learn from.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I use City Ink Express inks and have no issues. They supplied me with a free ICC profile with the inks.

Flushing with Sawgrass inks is like pouring liquid gold down the drain! They are super-expensive and not without their own problems. (eg. their black isn't the greatest from what I've heard).

Try Inktec or CIE while you're experimenting and then decide if they're good enough for the job. I have mugs in my house that have been used and dishwashed umpteen times and are still as good as new.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    BTW, flushing uses A LOT of ink! Once you get a good print try leaving your printer switched on 24/7 to avoid clogging. Works for me, and it only ever requires an occasional head clean.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't turned off my 3110 in the two years since I bought it and (touch wood) it has never had any blocked nozzles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk