Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Shirts being marked, possibly burn?
    By apexhitter in forum Clothing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 12:49 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-10-2015, 01:34 PM
  3. Where can I find/purchase mockup cases for flip phone cases?
    By ilmman in forum Graphics & Artwork
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2015, 05:12 PM
  4. water residue look on phone cases
    By Oaten in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 10:33 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Phone Cases marked, 'water marked' possibly 'burned' markings? Any Ideas/Help Please

Hi Everyone,

Am new around here and releatively new to dye sub but have a reasonable understanding of the basics. I'm printing phone cases on a blank white glossy case and am having this horrible effect on the finished product that I can't see to shift or work out what it is. I kind of looks like 'water staining' or a burn mark, or possibly a printing issue, I'm just really not sure. I've seen a thread or two on this topic before but not really with a solution.
    I'm using a Rochi SG3110, sublijet R ink, Jet stream transfer paper and a 3d vacuum press. Settings I've seemed to find best at the moment 195 degress for 6 minutes. I use powerdriver 4 for my printer profile via photoshop.

I've seen some people suggesting time/temp/pressure settings, some people saying ICC profile, some people saying case quality.... I'm just really lost and desperate for some more expereinced users' help! :)

Thanks in advance,

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike,

This seems to be a burn mark indeed. There are two ways to prevent this. Either you can print with some extra paper coverage on top of the product and a lower temperature / longer press time, or flipping the product upside down. This works the best for us. We put in the transfer media first, then the product on top of that. The transfer time needs to be a little longer but the coating will not burn then.

Good luck!