Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Direct to Garment Printing - I've gone and done it!
    By Stitch Up in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 20-03-2017, 08:08 PM
  2. Direct to garment printing
    By derek in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2014, 01:41 PM
  3. direct to garment
    By Dave271069 in forum Printers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 05:38 PM
  4. direct to garment
    By guarddog14 in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-08-2013, 10:42 AM
  5. Is Direct to Garment printing getting rid of transfer printing?
    By Pascale in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Printing direct onto DVD's

I have a customer looking to get 300 DVD's printed and I want to do in-house.

I've done them before on my Epson 1500w a long time ago and results always seemed excellent. I'd like to buy a dedicated printer for this and wondered if anyone currently printed dvd's?

Initially I was thinking Epson again but looking at the Canons they seem excellent value. I had a Canon Pixma and photo quality was excellent, Canon do seem quicker as well.

Looking at the Canon i7250 Printer which for £50 all be it an older model seems superb value. Just wanted to check there wasn't a better model at this price? I don't want the scanner/copier functions.

Customer supplying inkjet printable DVD's, now I just need to work out what to charge!
    Last edited by Justin; 23-04-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking at the Canon i7250 Printer which for £50 all be it an older model seems superb value. Just wanted to check there wasn't a better model at this price? I don't want the scanner/copier functions.
    I have one of these and can not fault it for the price. Great little workhorse.

However, if you are intending to get into DVD/CD printing then why not look at a "proper" dedicated machine, something along the lines of a Primera. These will publish as well as print meaning you could offer a total one stop solution.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thanks Simon, does look ideal. I doubt I'll do many more so this will be fine :-)

Stinkyink do decent compatible inks.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something like the i7250 would be my pick mate, inks about £0.40 a cart.. will do the job no problem, (I use a Canon mg5300) not sure why you would want to spend £100's on a disk printer unless you had it working everyday so many people have this option to print disks at home there's no ££ in it, I used to print 100's a week and did it for years, to burn and print a disk you're looking at £1-1.50 each that's to supply the disks and sleeves/cases ..
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. He who laughs last thinks slowest!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Great, thanks for the endorsements.

I was hoping to charge about £1 per DVD just for the printing. Not great shakes but this is a new customer that may well want other items.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The primera printer is too expensive to run, if you want a dedicated machine go for the Epson disc producer, I can give you a name for a ciss system for the machine, ink costs should be around 2c per disc. Discs should cost you about 12c. After that packaging ranges from 2c for a plastic sleeve, 16c for a dvd cases up to 24c for a jewel case and tray.
    But to be honest I would buy a couple of canon machines and use a "watershield" disc they are a bit more expensive but your client will love the finish.
    Been selling cd and DVD packaging and equipment since the early nineties so if you need info or names just ask.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thanks for responses, much appreciated. Not something I will be getting into, this will probably be a one off.

I'm mindful of the time it would take to print 1 dvd at a time so don't really want to do this for less than £1 per disc. No response from customer as yet so not sure if they feel this is too expensive, we'll see :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do disc printing and use a Canon iP7200 because I don't do that many - I use it to send out promotional DVD's and a good professional look on the disc is essential.

The My Image Garden software that comes with canon has a good selection of templates for both the DVD and DVD case, so you just need to add your images or mages and text.

You can also design up your own complete image to use on the disc.

I guess the image and finish you get will be dependant on the quality of the printable disc you use by I'm very happy. It takes about 30 seconds or so to print a disc at high quality print.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Bought and setup the 7250, trying to print from Image Garden but it just hangs! Reinstalled everything, latest versions etc. but no go :-(

I'm only running wi-fi, will try direct usb connection to see if that helps. Emailed Canon Support for advice, tried a few other software trials but they only print a label not direct to dvd.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've occasionally had problems with Image Garden.

I can not remember where I downloaded it from now but I'm sure it was from cannon itself - try Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX.

I think it is pre-Image garden but I use it for a backup in case image garden plays up. But to be honest with you because it is so less complicated I find it easier to use and getting the image centred and the right size for printing onto disc is also easier.