Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. does anyone have a copy of Roland CutStudio?
    By logobear in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-02-2022, 11:01 AM
  2. copy right for dye sub blanks
    By philphil123 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 27-01-2017, 02:14 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-04-2015, 12:57 PM
  4. Is Direct to Garment printing getting rid of transfer printing?
    By Pascale in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-04-2013, 06:00 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Well, if you've 'Thanked' that post Andy then all I can now suggest is that you forget about Zazzle, Printful and any others and PAY for a mockup generator or PSD file.

In other words - put your money where your morality is!
    Agreed - LOTS of people use Printful and Zazzle's generators. It doesn't do any one any harm, they make plenty of money from people's designs who upload them onto there regardless.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to brightday83 For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (29-04-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brightday83 View Post
    Agreed - LOTS of people use Printful and Zazzle's generators. It doesn't do any one any harm, they make plenty of money from people's designs who upload them onto there regardless.
    So, as long as you're making plenty of money, it's fine for other people to use your ip?

You won't have to look too far back on the forum to find out that for many members that's not the case.

Indeed, one poster recommending that you use other people's ip in this thread, was proposing fraudulent action in a previous one to stop a similar thing!

My moral compass may mean that I have a little more work to do for a little less return, but I do at least sleep comfortably when I eventually get to bed.

And bed is undoubtedly where I should be, had I not had so much to do today ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willd View Post
    So, as long as you're making plenty of money, it's fine for other people to use your ip?

You won't have to look too far back on the forum to find out that for many members that's not the case.

Indeed, one poster recommending that you use other people's ip in this thread, was proposing fraudulent action in a previous one to stop a similar thing!

My moral compass may mean that I have a little more work to do for a little less return, but I do at least sleep comfortably when I eventually get to bed.

And bed is undoubtedly where I should be, had I not had so much to do today ;-)
    You seem to have gone off on your own tangent there Willd.

I was talking about online mockup generators. Not IPs.

Regarding moral compasses...

You seem to take great pride in the idea that you are 'above' many people on here (because MOST people use the free online mockup generators.)

But the idea that this should cause people to lose sleep is somewhat ridiculous.

Copyright infringement and blatantly stealing other people's ideas, THAT's the type of thing that should cause people to lose sleep. Spending a few minutes on a website and using their mockup generator (that's free to use) isn't harming anyone. Those sites bring in ALOT of revenue, and they undoubtedly have a dedicated server that can handle the extra traffic they attract. If it was such a problem, they would just add some code to their site to 'only' enable people to use the generators who sell on there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brightday83 For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (30-04-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    To give an example of what brightday83 has stated, look no further than the gov website, which allows you to check the MOT history of any car, very useful for buyers. Nowhere does it say it's for taxpayers only and many thousands use this generator daily. So, unless Printful state on their site that their mug generator is for members only, then I'm afraid that's the same as agreeing it's available for anyone to use for any purpose.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

brightday83 (30-04-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone bothered to ask Printful?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I decided to answer my own question and ask Printful and they have no objection to people using the mug generator and it is FREE to use for anyone who wants to use it. So end of that argument!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James990 For This Useful Post:

brightday83 (01-05-2017), Maidiniceland (02-05-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James990 View Post
    Well I decided to answer my own question and ask Printful and they have no objection to people using the mug generator and it is FREE to use for anyone who wants to use it. So end of that argument!!
    Certainly a sensible option - I would get it confirmed in writing. After the initial discussion I also asked Printful and was given a different answer, so perhaps it depends who is on the other end of their 'chat'! They confirmed it was for their products only but acknowledged there was nothing to say so in the T&Cs. I saw little point in reporting back as my input didn't seem welcome. I'm only doing so now as James & I have been given conflicting information.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well, if there's nothing in their T&C's, and no protection on their generator then I'd consider that to be in the Public Domain. I wouldn't ask for permission to use anyone's Public Domain inages and, by the same logic, I won't be asking Printful.

A website is useless unless it attracts visitors, and I'm sure Printful don't mind attracting people with their free mockup generators as some of those people may take the time to browse their site and even publish material or buy goods. I know I did.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

brightday83 (01-05-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A website is useless unless it attracts visitors, and I'm sure Printful don't mind attracting people with their free mockup generators as some of those people may take the time to browse their site and even publish material or buy goods. I know I did.

I would agree with that. I use zazzle for my mock ups and I also have quite a few designs over there. So they make money on my sales and I make a bit of extra cash in royalties for doing nothing. Most of the sales are in the US where I can not compete on prices because of international shipping.

Seems a good win-win deal to me. I upload artwork and let them sell the items and I use their mock ups to sell my stuff in the UK direct.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hum, interesting. Well I have, I hope copied below my conversation with printful:-

Hi there! We'll connect with you as soon as possible. Did you have any questions while you wait?06:51 AM

Can I just use the mock-up generator for my own use?06:53 AM

Hi there!06:53 AM
    Yes, you can06:53 AM

So no restrictions and no problem if I put the pictures say on my website?06:54 AM

No, the generator is free of use06:54 AM

Many thanks. Didn't want to use something that might cause me legal or moral problems06:54 AM

No worries, You're welcome!

Sorry to bother you. I asked a question about using the mock-up generator a short while ago. I didn't ask if it was alright if I use it for my commercial site or not?09:34 AM

Hi!09:35 AM
    What do you mean?09:35 AM

Well for example I have an eBay shop and would like to show mock-ups of the mugs on there.09:37 AM

no problems with that

Thank you. Can I also put them on my website?09:38 AM

Yes, you can

So in reality, there is no restrictions on the use of the mock-up at all?09:40 AM

Not really :) As long as there's no our logo09:40 AM

Sorry do you mean not use your logo?09:41 AM

Yes09:42 AM

OK, thank you

So there you have it.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to James990 For This Useful Post:

Ali P (01-05-2017), brightday83 (01-05-2017), Maidiniceland (02-05-2017), Paul (01-05-2017), webtrekker (01-05-2017)