Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 38x38 clam press - advice for buying one
    By smes9 in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-06-2016, 11:30 PM
  2. Advice on colours to stock
    By Bob @ Prestige in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2014, 02:24 PM
  3. roland cx24 - buying advice please?
    By gavtheoldskater in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 05:28 PM
  4. Dog Clothes - especially HI Vis
    By gstk in forum Sourcing New Items
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 06:39 PM
  5. Vinyl onto clothes - what clothes material?
    By jaffacat in forum Vinyl & Flock
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    From my point of view (just starting out in this) keeping costs down is key. I know this is the same for everyone however I need to compete in an already competitive market. With the likes of eBay selling items ridiculously cheap it's hard for people (in the current economic climate) to justify paying more for a t-shirt. The cost of my items are higher because I am unable to purchase the volumes needed to reduce the cost price. It's also hard when I can purchase the same t-shirt on eBay at the price that I buy it from supposed trade suppliers. With Ralawise, the clothing looks great, but the price I am charged is higher than the costs advertised in their catalogue.
    I'm not wanting to dull your enthusiasm here but the plain fact of the matter is that, if you can't compete with other sellers, then you either need to figure out a way in which you CAN compete, or give it up as a bad job before investing too much and move on to something else.

Some of these ebay sellers are making PENNIES and there's just no way to compete. The only hope you have is if your items are better quality goods, printed to a higher quality or are more original and eye-catching. That means you can set your own price as people can't buy the same for less.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @webtrekker yes that is correct.

From my tests the colours was out quite quickly. After one wash black goes a dark chestnut brown and gets lighter with each subsequent wash even if washed under 40C. NO WAY am I selling garments with that on and to be honest it had quite a hand very disappointing and the A4 sheets are not cheap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArferMo View Post
    @webtrekker yes that is correct.

From my tests the colours was out quite quickly. After one wash black goes a dark chestnut brown and gets lighter with each subsequent wash even if washed under 40C. NO WAY am I selling garments with that on and to be honest it had quite a hand very disappointing and the A4 sheets are not cheap.
    What product are we talking about here? The Sublicotton can't have a 'hand' as where there is no ink there is only plain uncoated paper. The paper has nothing on it at all. There is the cheap inkjet stuff that sticks on top of a Tshirt which does leave an awful feel to the garment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I'm not wanting to dull your enthusiasm here but the plain fact of the matter is that, if you can't compete with other sellers, then you either need to figure out a way in which you CAN compete, or give it up as a bad job before investing too much and move on to something else.

Some of these ebay sellers are making PENNIES and there's just no way to compete. The only hope you have is if your items are better quality goods, printed to a higher quality or are more original and eye-catching. That means you can set your own price as people can't buy the same for less.
    Thats possibly the best piece of advice you have given on the boards.

To OP
    Search out product areas you have a chance of earning with, unfortunately on the internet those niches are getting few and far between.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bms I was talking about Reveal S papers not that messy fiddly sprinkle the powder system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the previous post tonight by BMS I thought for nine quid including vat I'd give their powder sublicotton process a fair go.... 10 sheets plus a bag or polymer powder ain't going to break the bank.

Then at checkout the overcharging mechanism cut in and they want to sting you £7.14 for the privilege of a 5 day delivery schedule for something that would happily got at large letter rate and be delivered next day.... needless to say I deleted the order.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    Thats possibly the best piece of advice you have given on the boards.

To OP
    Search out product areas you have a chance of earning with, unfortunately on the internet those niches are getting few and far between.

Thanks froggy. I do try my best to please.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArferMo View Post
    @bms I was talking about Reveal S papers not that messy fiddly sprinkle the powder system.
    Have you tried Reveal S?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Either
    choose a stock item, - and have a good batch in house stock....
    or
    offer print on demand .... from a wide range of product ..... and be beholden to your suppliers.
    ME ?
    we have a few choice product than we carry in depth, - all else is order on demand ,..... and we use pencarrie
    my 2p
    Phil
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the info. I found Pencarrie last night and will be placing an order today for some Clothing. I have been using FOTL clothing up until now but have been a bit disappointed with their quality. Ive decided to order a few a different brands from Pencarrie to check the quality before placing an order for 'stock'. For this I will stick to standard colours and order a few of the normal sizes. I have been surprised at the vastness in sizes for different brands, a large in one brand is not a large in another. I'm also finding it hard to find women's vests and reasonably priced baby clothes.