Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. PCI compliance - which route
    By ASLCreative in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-05-2017, 10:13 AM
  2. Advice on moving business forward
    By Justin in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-08-2014, 05:10 PM
  3. Looking forward to contributing
    By gateway3d in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-09-2013, 03:48 PM
  4. Best way forward to start T-SHIRT printing?
    By Dave271069 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-08-2012, 12:59 AM
  5. Moving Forward
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 20-08-2010, 08:12 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Route Forward with Ricoh Printer

We have GXe3300 printer and use the expensive Subli cartridges - our problem is we don't actually use it that much. I would estimate from the last cartridge change to the one now due we have used around 80 sheets of paper. I have kept the machine switched on the whole time as I was told by Sawgrass it was better left on all the time.

Is anyone else use their printer for such small amounts of use - I know we have wasted so much ink in keeping it on, and it going through its cycle all the time.

So turn it on when needed - what are the risks - clogged up heads?

keep it turned on, and know that the £££'s are just being cleaned away?

Get rid of it, and outsource my printing needs?
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had my 3300 for over 5 years and just switch it on when needed - I don't print massively often either. Last week I had to do the (I think) first head clean in all that time on one of the heads due to it going a bit fuzzy. All fine now, so I would keep it switched off rather than waste ink.
    Neil.
    Science meets Art - microscope photographs revealing the beauty of the world around us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Keep off. Use when needed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that, me thinks perhaps keeping it on, is better for sales of ink than keeping it off !

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    we have a 3300 for maybe 5 years and found it wonderful.
    We might do 10 mugs a week .... nearly every week, - and 4 times a year need to do 100 or 300 mugs ... and it has always worked.
    Never ever ever ever done any flush,
    always left switched on.
    Cartridges seem to last forever.

Am I doing something wrong>?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, we must be, cartridges were new last february, and are now 2 are empty, and like I say we have only done about 80 sheets !! every once in awhile, it chunters away to itself - so must be doing some sort of cleaning and I have thought that is where the ink is going, into the waste cart not onto paper!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem at first. Didn't do much printing and got through three cartridges in a year with the waste unit 80% full! I found that doing a regular weekly print even it was only a couple of sheets made a difference otherwise the machine is constantly cleaning itself and wasting ink.

Strangely enough I have updated the firmware and the machine switches itself off after around 2 hours in sleep mode. When switched back on it seems very efficient without endless maintenance cycles and now my carts are lasting a lot longer. So fingers crossed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to catcapers For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (17-05-2017)