Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mugs in Halogen Oven?
    By Stitch Up in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-07-2016, 04:54 AM
  2. BMS Happy Hour
    By bms in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-08-2014, 12:52 PM
  3. Halogen Oven for Mugs - Lidl
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-01-2012, 12:11 PM
  4. JML Halogen Oven for mugs
    By what a mug in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mug Oven (150 mugs per hour)

I'm currently looking to produce around 150 mugs per hour and I am looking for advice as to how best to achieve that. My first thought was the conveyor style mug ovens, but I've received quotes for between £25,000-£30,000 for those and they're built in the US (I'm from the UK) which means support and replacement parts will be expensive and time consuming.

There is also the health and safety aspect of our warehouse to take into consideration. Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What style mugs are you wanting to print? Is this regular volumes several hours a day?

The Hix oven tends to be the main option which is possibly what you are talking about and parts are fairly easy to get. Wraps are a pain and not always as cheap as you might hope as don't have a long life span.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will be making a variety of mugs, durham, travel, and so on for sublimation. One issue we do have currently is if we want a black mug then we have to use those horrid photo mugs with a white panel (we need a way around this). So long as it can print 150 mugs per hour, it is fine. I expect the most mugs we will want to print in a day is around 450-600.

The Hix Sublipro oven is what costs £25,000-£30,000, so that is a definite no.
    Last edited by rgarner; 11-05-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presses are fine for 500 a day. Travel mugs if they are the metal version cannot go in an oven. You can also get large desk top ovens rather than conveyor. Ovens do bring their own problems beyond what you get with presses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Presses are replaceable. If you lost your oven due to malfunction, no mugs get printed until it is fixed. With one press malfunction, you've got the rest of the army to work with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very good point.

I have seen mug presses which can do 5 at a time and take around 5 minutes, that would result in 60 per hour. So I would need three of the 5 mug presses. Do you recommend any particular model?

There is also the problem that I can only print white mugs. The black photo panel mugs aren't very good. Is there a way to print on an all black mug using a press?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The answer to your last part is yes but not with good results. Look at TMT papers as a starting point as easy entry hut would adise against that route until improvements are made. We get good results with panel mugs.

Presses are down to preference. Find one you are happy with and buy more. Some 5 presses work okay and others are rubbish.

Not sure why you are going to want to have that many presses for 500ish a day. Is there a requirement for only a few hours a day making mugs rather than full 8 hour day? Running 15 heads will take about 3 people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I want more presses is because I have a very limited number of staff. I would rather pay more for equipment than hire more people. But you're telling me a single person can't handle more than 5 heads?

But if the results are ''okay'' then the 5 Mug Press won't be suitable. The results need to be great, so I assume I am better off buying, say, 5 Genie Presses from Listawood (I know they are good) as opposed to buying one 5 Mug Press?

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Me and my wee helper have just finished a run of 700 ish mugs.

Started at 9am this morning (printed sheets were already done). Used convection oven and mug wraps we are getting very close to 96 per hour (70 minutes to be precise).

Oven is this one....
    https://www.cs-catering-equipment.co...onvection-oven

If it breaks then I will order a new one. At £300 its a bargain tbh. Not tried black in there yet as only just got a new ink set (don't bother with white panel mugs and Sawgrass ink).
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to socialgiraffe For This Useful Post:

UK Printed Mugs (11-05-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many mugs in the oven at a time? Or should I be able to work that out myself given the existing information lol?
    Last edited by GoonerGary; 12-05-2017 at 11:09 AM.