Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Mugs in Halogen Oven?
    By Stitch Up in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-07-2016, 04:54 AM
  2. BMS Happy Hour
    By bms in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29-08-2014, 12:52 PM
  3. Halogen Oven for Mugs - Lidl
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-01-2012, 12:11 PM
  4. JML Halogen Oven for mugs
    By what a mug in forum Printers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll take first guess on 16 mugs being printed each time. Looks like a tight squeeze though 2 layers of 8?

Premium Member Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll take first guess on 16 mugs being printed each time. Looks like a tight squeeze though 2 layers of 8?
    Nope ;-)

24 mugs on two trays. They sit very comfortably like that with enough "air" around each mug. I need to get hold of some better oven trays though as the four provided are very flimsy.

Not had it long and been so busy I have not had time to figure if I could get three layers in there. I doubt it to be honest.
    USING: Whatever it takes to get the job done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. That is going some for that size oven. Do you find any outer mugs struggling more than others? We get a couple of cooler areas. One oven same size and another quite a bit bigger and don't run with 24 in either. Starting to think it is my guys making excuses to do less work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Must admit, I have not had any problems with this oven at all.

I will say that a) it is very new and b) the designs I have run in it so far are quite easy.

Just finished a run that is 3mm from top and bottom and 8mm from handle as a solid colour (green) and had one failure which I think is the wrap.

Keeping up with 24 every 17 minutes is a struggle on your own. Wrapping, unwrapping and boxing will keep you very busy and knackered at the end of a long day :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is great news, and so cheap too! My next question was going to be in respect to the gaps at the top, bottom and handle of the mug - I'm pleased to hear it doesn't have any issues there. I've made a mental note to get more sturdy trays, I'm sure I can find them somewhere.

Thank you very much, I think I am good to go :) now I just need to figure out the best path with a t-shirt and cap press!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is great news, and so cheap too! My next question was going to be in respect to the gaps at the top, bottom and handle of the mug - I'm pleased to hear it doesn't have any issues there. I've made a mental note to get more sturdy trays, I'm sure I can find them somewhere.

Thank you very much, I think I am good to go :) now I just need to figure out the best path with a t-shirt and cap press!
    Good luck, although I will say that to use this sort kit (i.e. machines that are not purposefully built for sublimation) then you need to know what you are doing, there is no back up and when trying to figure out times and temps etc you are on your own.

It's like those who purchase cheap ink of ebay, if you know what you are doing then great. If not then you may aswell flush it all down the toilet.

Also, bare in mind that this oven is brand new for me. I would not want you to purchase it, then three months down the road find it is no good. I can afford to spunk a few hundred on this as a test, so if it breaks I don't care and I have back ups.

Just a fair warning

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socialgiraffe View Post
    don't bother with white panel mugs and Sawgrass ink).
    What do you mean by this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the warning also. I don't mind wasting a few mugs here and there testing our temps and times - I think that is a given. I used a mug press and went through 20 black panel mugs before being told by the company who sold me the mugs that the machine is fine, but the mugs must be bad, so I'm not shy of a few bad experiences!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can achieve amazing results using decent black mugs with a white panel for sublimating. However not with Sawgrass ink. Their black is pretty bad to be honest and no matter what you try you will not get a good match to the black of the mug.

You will need a different ink set (probably Ink Tec) to get anything half decent.

P.S. I am a fan of Sawgrass ink, and in no way is this post to be any bias towards other manufacturers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can always replace my Sawgrass Printer, it wasn't too expensive. Thanks for the tip! The would explain my problem with the black mugs :)

Is there a particular printer you would suggest?
    Last edited by rgarner; 11-05-2017 at 11:15 PM.