Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Inks
    By Deano82 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-08-2015, 07:41 PM
  2. Pigment Inks, Gel inks, Refillable cartridges,
    By timeleecoops in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 29-01-2015, 07:04 PM
  3. City Inks - Edible Inks Special Offer
    By Justin in forum Press Releases/Announcements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 03:12 PM
  4. CIS and sub inks
    By SteveUK in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 10:59 AM
  5. Help with inks
    By Cheshire cat in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Olly,

we prefer to clean the printer using our cleaning carts, then charge it with Sublisplash carts.
    The installation procedure of an ICC profile for the SG-400/800 printers is slightly different comparing to
    the normal Ricoh printers, I would recommend to get in touch with Adam from DyeSubSupplies.
    Not a big deal though.
    They do an Academy session on Friday and have lots of interested guys registered for already,
    might make sense for you if you should be around?

Let me know if you should need additional assistance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your quick reply.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Olly, as mario has stated best to flush out the SG ink however to compensate for this we are putting a package together of the 4 cleaning carts 4 sets of carts and also an extra set of carts FOC to compensate for the flushing out. This offer is limited to 1 per printer. If you would like any more information feel free to get in touch with us or if you would like some printed samples send us an image or design and I will arrange samples for you. All being well the swap out kit mentioned above will be on the site tomorrow as the ink only came in late this afternoon. Also mario mentioned the demo day on Friday you are more than welcome however not sure where abouts you are in the country.
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Mario, we currently use SG ink but if we wanted to trial Sublisplash would we have to flush out all the SG ink first and install four new SS carts and then get a new profile done? Or could we just replace empty SG carts as and when with SS ones? Olly
    Last edited by DyeSubSupplies; 25-05-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that is the case, don't you think the UK Sawgrass dealers will fear losing new and existing customers to the new brand of inks. I saw the printed results at Fespa and there is no way you can get the vibrant colours specially the Black/Black with SG inks. From my understanding there are several UK dealers about to make the jump to Sublisplash in the next few weeks. Coupled with the fact that SG do not have a solution for the now discontinued Ricoh models and these guys have a mountain stock of Ricoh printers in their warehouse available for their new dealers, I think the tide is turning swiftly on Sawgrass. By the way does anyone know what happened to the so called patent they hid behind for years - looks very much like an urban myth to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it is a shame that these inks though are no cheaper than Sawgrass (taking into account the 10% DSF discount with Xpres for instance). In fact the 4 pack Sublisplash from DSS is probably going to be more expensive than Sawgrass as Xpres offer free postage over £100.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The sets of Sublisplash ink are now live on our website, here is the link to the full set:

http://www.dyesublimationsupplies.co...110dn-cmyk-set

I'll pop a bit more info into the supplier's section as well

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    WOW! Around two hundred quid (Price+VAT+DEL) for a set of cartridges! Still waaaay above what I would pay for ink.

Basing this on an average teaspoon size of 5ml, it works out at about £7.30 a teaspoonful!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Compared to the amount of litre of Inktec's Sublinova you can get for that money, it does seem expensive, and I'm not sure I agree with the statement about other ink manufacturers not taking things seriously - maybe they haven't taken the desktop market seriously, but that's not the same

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone else get this Sublisplash ink in terms of competitiveness with SG? It's great that we have more of an official competitor to SG but the price is the same if not actually slightly dearer. I've been trying to fathom out why we as a company would ditch SG ink for SS if there is no economic benefit. If half the price of SG then sure it would be noteworthy but it isn't so why swap out current good ink for these. Anyone?

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If if you work on that basis of a 10% discount from xpress ( I was led to believe sawgrass ink wasn't to be discounted below the rrp but that's a different matter) and their free postage there cost comes in at £198.45 all in.
    The price of the sublisplash would be £196.19 all in, however each cart has 2ml more ink in them so that's an extra 8ml of ink then also take into account the quality of the ink which is being independently tested by Paul at the moment, so those results will be interesting,time will tell of people's thoughts and opinions are.
    We had at least 10 sets go out with printers yesterday after our demo day so the feedback should start coming in very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    I think it is a shame that these inks though are no cheaper than Sawgrass (taking into account the 10% DSF discount with Xpres for instance). In fact the 4 pack Sublisplash from DSS is probably going to be more expensive than Sawgrass as Xpres offer free postage over £100.