Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24-01-2017, 04:23 PM
  2. Photoshop cs5 version 8.0
    By Mathew in forum Software
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-01-2015, 09:22 AM
  3. Wanted Full version of flexi
    By Lynne in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 04:53 PM
  4. new version of powerdriver for Ricoh!
    By spongerobinson in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29-05-2014, 11:06 PM
  5. Updating Opencart Version
    By Justin in forum Websites/OSCommerce/OpenCart etc.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-03-2013, 07:23 AM
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've wondered about moving to illustrator and getting a Mac as windows machines do tens to clog up and go slow, I'm a pc man but even I can see that mac do have advantages. There's coraldraw v illustrator debate, die hards on both sides of the fence, graphic designers are generally Mac orientated, not sure if this stems from education or what but it does tend to mean illustrator is their tool of choice. Adobe are subscription only though and I do dislike being tied to contracts for software provision, its cash cow mentality despite what is said it's about big companies getting bigger and feeding the beast as it were, just my opinion of course �� now if I came across a pc with windows that didn't degrade over time,,,

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could browse the alternatives here and compare them.
    The reason most graphic designers used macs in the past was because the colour management was so much easier to implement on macs. The machines seldom crashed and the motherboards and OS had support for an unlimited amount of ram.
    Over time the PC caught up (to a lesser extent) and the working practice is about the same. However the unreliability of windows, crashes, incompatibility, upgrade lockouts, memory leaks (the list goes on) has lead many designers back to the mac for the sake of their sanity.
    Moving to a mac may help with stability issues etc but as new macs a run on intel chips the OS won't run old programs based on powerpc ppc chips unless you use an emulator such a sheepshaver to run older mc apps. So either get an old G4 or G5 and run pre cc versions of photoshop or illustrator or a new shiny intel mac and post cc versions.
    I would suggest that illustrator has a very steep learning curve. To be honest you won't need more features than inkscape and a photo-graphic program together provide for mugs and stuff. Most people on here prefer corel as it is familiar and straight forward (more llike a home desk top printing package).
    I would suggest you use inkscape for a couple of months to get used to vector illustration and have a dabble with gimp in your workflow. Once your used to it then spend the money.
    Macs clog up too, usually with system fonts, so they do need a reset once in a while. The only pc I have found that doesn't degrade is still in my shed running windows 3.1a.
    The real secret is to wisdom is to listen to the wise and follow their advice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol got an Amstrad PC 1640 in the loft,,,, but don't think it'll run Coreldraw or illustrator!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mr-gobby For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (27-05-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr-gobby View Post
    Lol got an Amstrad PC 1640 in the loft,,,, but don't think it'll run Coreldraw or illustrator!

Oh, I don't know ...

Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

UK Printed Mugs (27-05-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Graphic designers and photographer use Mac not only duo to color management. Its dup to OS that wont still all valuable resorces like CPU and ram so much needed by editing software.
    Windows use to use (not sure now) half of the resources needed. OSx is more like Linux. Look beautifully but dont take as much... so you can run all your editing software easy.
    ps. Did I mentioned taht MACs JUST WORK?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We use Illustrator CC which we pay for on a monthly contract with Adobe. We also get photoshop the same way. Been using Illustrator since the 1980's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use X4 on my work place Win 7 computer and X7 on a new laptop ( Win 10) . I cannot say that there is much difference between the versions.
    If you can get X4 to run on your Mac Id stick with it and not waste your money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    anyone got a corel x6 full licence for sale?
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Smith View Post
    I use X4 on my work place Win 7 computer and X7 on a new laptop ( Win 10) . I cannot say that there is much difference between the versions.
    If you can get X4 to run on your Mac Id stick with it and not waste your money.
    Going to see if Win7 runs ok on Bootcamp, shouldn't be an issue, then I can probably install my X4 which is still perfectly capable :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    it will, but i believe it depends of OSx you running. newer bootcamp will run newer windows.

<-- How To Print Stuff BLOG