Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. I wonder how many would you have to sell...?
    By Paul in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-02-2015, 06:15 PM
  2. For Sale heatpress and sublimation items plus vinyl items
    By fredster in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 11:01 PM
  3. How to sell a Sat Nav! (funny)
    By AdamB in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-09-2011, 08:20 PM
  4. Do you think these will sell?
    By Stitch Up in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-03-2011, 10:36 AM
  5. Sell sell sell!!!!
    By daniboy0812 in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

What items would/do you sell?

I'm just getting a few blanks together for a local shop that wants me to supplya full-range of personalised products to them...hurrah!

I've given them mugs, mousemats, coasters but wondered what else might be a good seller. I thought door hangers, photoluxe panels, keepsake boxes, Key-Rings, Jigsaws, clocks and Teddy Bears.

It'll be customers own photo's on the items. I don't want to bombard them with 100's of items, just a key selection of quality things.

Appreciate your input as always.

Justin :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done I would have less to much choice to look at I would have gone mousemat mug and teddy and a keyring, two much choice make too much work for the local shop if they get busy,I would have little forms for them pre printed per item so its easy quick and consistent. These lines have a better mark up so both of you benfit, just a suggestion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started doing just mugs. I am now producing stuff for a friend's online forum including mugs, mouse mats, key rings, fridge magnets, mini t shirts and non sublimation car stickers and tote bags. Am just sending out sample mouse mats and mugs to someone who runs a copy typing / proof reading business and wants them as give-aways for clients and may be getting a riding stables who want mugs and small items personalised. I have resigned myself to the fact that what I think is a good idea is not always what sells! I get little or no business from my website but it is a webs.com freebie and I find it useful to show potential clients some of their options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theemmanewman
    I have resigned myself to the fact that what I think is a good idea is not always what sells!
    That's a hard lesson to learn. I spent a small fortune on designs for my clothing label. I thought they were fantastic. My least favourites sold quite well, the best designs sold little if any. An expensive lesson to learn!

Justin :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a bonus sometimes as stuff I bought to test and thought I would never shift surprises me! The sample I just printed that looked pants on paper but the client didn't want changed has come out surprisingly smart. Just confirms what I have long suspected, I know nothing!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do most people price there goods when they are selling through someone else.
    I used to do allot of print work for a company and ended up being the work horse i took all the risk while they made all the money .
    They went bankrupt and took me down with them but all is right now just started doing work for other people but find myself doing a few of the old mistakes. But at the end of the day you have to make a bit of money and keep things ticking over, would be interested to hear any other stories and prices charged

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do most people price there goods when they are selling through someone else.
    I used to do allot of print work for a company and ended up being the work horse i took all the risk while they made all the money .
    They went bankrupt and took me down with them but all is right now just started doing work for other people but find myself doing a few of the old mistakes. But at the end of the day you have to make a bit of money and keep things ticking over, would be interested to hear any other stories and prices charged

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theemmanewman
    I have resigned myself to the fact that what I think is a good idea is not always what sells!
    That's the truth. I've tried no end of different items that seem good, but it's the common or garden stuff that sells. The trouble is that everyone sells the common or garden stuff, so trying to get a foot in the market sufficient to run a business is difficult.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NIGELG
    The important thing is to ensure you're happy with the price you're selling at. If your customer isn't happy with that price, then it's probably best to give them a miss. At the end of the day, you're doing the work. If all you're going to get for your trouble is frustration, you'll end up resenting the customer for making money off your back and so produce lower-quality work and end up losing them anyway.

Whatever price you charge, you'll still have to deal with failures, wastage, and customer service issues. No one says "oh, I got it cheap, I'll let it go" - they say "I paid, you fix it", regardless of how much they paid.

So, it doesn't really matter what other people charge. You have to be happy with what you're charging. The way I work is that I have a minimum price for items, below which I'm not prepared to go - whatever the reason.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sell a lot of items at various different trade prices. Supplying an option of templates to incorporate photos/names always helps it look more professional. I also used sliding scales for quantity pricing. There are quite a few items that can be popular with things like alu. water bottles, thermal flasks, neoprene phone pouches etc all worth a look. I also cut the aluminium to make door plaques......"This Room Belongs to ......" type of thing.