Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. dishwasher safe mugs and testing
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-05-2018, 01:48 PM
  2. Colour testing
    By Drix Productions in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-09-2015, 07:30 AM
  3. MH 1351 cutter
    By cyprian.costelloe in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-07-2015, 10:35 AM
  4. Lino cuts?
    By JBDesign in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2013, 05:49 PM
  5. some blanks for testing???
    By Paul in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-04-2011, 10:49 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing cuts on jenka 1351 A3 cutting mat swerving?

Hi Guys,

I finally got my 1351 setup and seems to be working fine on a 7 day tester of signcut. Now im very very very new to this so be warned BUT im using an brand new a3 cutting mat to put my paper on to cut a stencil out on and it fires to the plotter great, starts to cut great then about half way through while moving backwards and forwards the mat seems to swerve off line? Heres what I have adjusted
    speed
    pressure/weight
    blade offset
    moved the pinch rollers in and out but kept them in the end about 25ml from each side (they are on the roller not in the gaps)
    I have adjusted the pinch roller springs got them all level
    I have tried to use the pinch rollers lever down/up on either side
    set a setting in the software so there is less movement up and down the sheet when cutting
    and a few other things that ive forgotten

But seems I cant get it right? Now im guessing that this is a basic setup bit ive not got yet so any help would be fantastic!!

Cheers all
    Keys

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are your rollers running on the adhesive-free areas of the mat?

What force are you cutting with? High cutting force causes the blade to dig in deep and the mat to move. Instead of using high force, do 2 (or more) lighter cuts.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

KeyzerSoze (08-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi thanks for reply! I believe I was using 100 but will recheck later on and get back to you :)

Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    Are your rollers running on the adhesive-free areas of the mat?

What force are you cutting with? High cutting force causes the blade to dig in deep and the mat to move. Instead of using high force, do 2 (or more) lighter cuts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing cuts on jenka 1351 A3 cutting mat swerving?

Hi webtrekker thanks for the replies ive only just got round to checking just before I left for work this am.

Are your rollers running on the adhesive-free areas of the mat? = I have them running on the paper/card that sits on top of the a3 mat. Should they be directly on the mat? Sorry if this is all basic but im trying to get there without trying peoples patience ;)

= I found the cutting force and it was at 20 and the speed was 100. Im guessing that 20 is too hard now?

If there are any other settings I can play with then please let me know im hoping to get some test cuts done tomorrow and will report back how I get on ;)

Cheers
    Keys

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ideally, you'd only want the rollers running down the adhesive-free areas at the sides of the mat, but if you need the rollers running over the cutting area of the mat then try running lengths of masking tape down the length of your mat so that the rollers don't pick up any adhesive. It's always best to try to keep the rollers clear of your workpiece.

What software are you using to control your cutter?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

KeyzerSoze (08-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh OK I will try that nice one! I am using signcut, 7 day trial, but I'm going to get a month licence and hope that I crack this then ill get a full licence as really want to be able to use this so I can free up my time that I spend cutting stencils via hand :)

Ideally, you'd only want the rollers running down the adhesive-free areas at the sides of the mat, but if you need the rollers running over the cutting area of the mat then try running lengths of masking tape down the length of your mat so that the rollers don't pick up any adhesive. It's always best to try to keep the rollers clear of your workpiece.

What software are you using to control your cutter?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you are just cutting stencils I wouldn't bother paying nearly $400 for a lifetime SignCut licence!

I use Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL 4) with my Silver Bullet cutter and it does everything I need, plus it has design capabilities built into the software too. It comes at a one-off price of around $60 which allows it to be installed on 2 different computers, and handles a multitude of cutters - http://www.craftedge.com/products/products_scal.html

10. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

KeyzerSoze (09-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to get a month license as a starter $18 then year for $98 but one off payment for SCAL4 sounds cheap to me! Ill have to do a few youtube checks to see how it looks. You got any links or setup info on it? Does it support the JK1351? What kind of detail can I cut with it?
    Last edited by KeyzerSoze; 09-06-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The best way to find out if the software is for you and if it supports your cutter is to download the free trial at - http://www.craftedge.com/download/download.html

Note the caveat for the Trial version:

"Sure Cuts A Lot" will run in trial mode and will cut a horizontal lines through your design as a DEMO watermark until you purchase a license. Trial will expire after 15 days.

The amount of detail you can cut is limited only by the capabilities of your cutter, not the software.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent!! Ill get a trial version this weekend and see how I get on! I just watched a quick video and looks pretty easy :)

Much appreciated

14. The Following User Says Thank You to KeyzerSoze For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (09-06-2017)