Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sold EH271 Vinyl Cutter + Vinyl + Accessories - HARDLY USED - LIKE NEW!
    By justr77 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-03-2017, 05:13 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 02:30 AM
  3. For Sale Refine MH-721 Vinyl Cutter
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-12-2012, 03:24 PM
  4. Redsail Vinyl Cutters - Vinyl Cutter Choice
    By Heatpressuk in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 11:27 PM
  5. Looking for a vinyl cutter
    By Mattie in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl cutter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vinyl cutter

As I am new to the printing game and only recently got my equipment I started with the basic kit, printer, mug press, heatpress. So far the heatpress is almost an ornament as I am struggling to purchase T-shirts at a reasonable rate to offer potential customers. I have been asked to print a number of T-shirts some for two sets of hen parties, a 30th birthday and a language group. As I am currently only capable of sublimation and relying on Polyester products I have been reticent in accepting the challenges. Is it worthwhile investing in a plotter to allow me to do T-shirts such as those mentioned above ? I have used yolo transfer as trial and I am not keen on the idea of transfers. Can anyone please offer advice on the above ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How busy is your mug press?.
    Get the equipment you have now working before adding more, if you have adequate finances then buy a plotter if you want to decorate t shirts.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to froggy For This Useful Post:

strandville (15-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy a small plotter, cameo or cricut. Couple of hundred will get you the cricut on Amazon. When I started out made the mistake of buying a very big plotter only ever use the first 20" :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cyprian.costelloe For This Useful Post:

strandville (15-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    plotter is our most used bit of kit .... by a long way ... we have 4!
    It's easy ... once you know how to accept jobs ... and what to say no to.
    pressing is a piece if piss - you can get stuff that sticks to anything!
    get a proper good one - 600mm wide for choice of media - Graphtec or roland

I recommend you talk to The magic Touch.
    not cheap.... but their technical support is brilliant, and you will need it (we .. still after 27 years) - and they don't sell shit!
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to logobear For This Useful Post:

strandville (15-06-2017), thadaios (03-08-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks, my mug press has been non-stop since I bought it three weeks ago. All my outlay on equipment has been returned in triplicate. I would like to provide t-shirt printing and it's clear there is a market for it. Probably a silly question this but how easy are they to use ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit youtube, the two machines mentioned have loads of tutorials and comparison videos. They also come with software, I think that the cameo one is an online service.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cyprian.costelloe For This Useful Post:

strandville (15-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It would be a good idea from the outset to decide whether you simply want a vinyl cutter, or whether you will also be needing print & cut options. To do a print & cut, the cutter needs to have a system to read registration marks printed on the workpiece. The jury is out as to whether you need an integrated printer or a standalone printer. I prefer the second option myself. Also, you may wish to use your cutter for non -viny related work in the future which will also influence your choice. Price is no always a good guide when considering machinery for business use.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

strandville (15-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    It would be a good idea from the outset to decide whether you simply want a vinyl cutter, or whether you will also be needing print & cut options. To do a print & cut, the cutter needs to have a system to read registration marks printed on the workpiece. The jury is out as to whether you need an integrated printer or a standalone printer. I prefer the second option myself. Also, you may wish to use your cutter for non -viny related work in the future which will also influence your choice. Price is no always a good guide when considering machinery for business use.
    That shows my lack of knowledge in this sphere as I was under the impression the plotter would cut prints too, I was looking to use yolo transfer papers as well as vinyls. Can you advise further Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I cut Yolo transfers on my Silver Bullet cutter. I print them on either my Canon inkjet or, for longer lasting prints, my Ricoh sublimation printer. The software adds registration marks at 3 corners of the print which I use to line up the print accurately in the cutter. Once lined up (using a red laser dot in the system used by the Silver Bullet) the cutter cuts extremely accurate outlines exactly where I want around the prints. Most software also allows you to add an offset around a design if you don't wish to cut exactly on the outline.

Using a machine like this you can cut vinyl no problem, either on or off the mat, or many other materials, such as paper, card, mylar or acetate for stencils, thin balsa, wood veneers for marquetry, printable magnetic sheet, foam, etc. You can also fit an embossing tool for embossing paper, card, acetate, leather, etc. An engraving tool can also be used to engrave designs on acetate, slate, thin metal, CD's (for clocks), etc.

So,...... many things to think about before choosing a cutter, especially if you're interested in expanding your business into other areas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was considering the cameo 3 as a basic starter, don't want to run before I can walk. I assume the cameo will be up to the task of cutting prints though stand to be corrected if wrong.

Just a thought is there much difference in the earlier cameo cutters over the cameo 3 ?
    Last edited by strandville; 15-06-2017 at 10:34 AM.