Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sold EH271 Vinyl Cutter + Vinyl + Accessories - HARDLY USED - LIKE NEW!
    By justr77 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-03-2017, 05:13 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 02:30 AM
  3. For Sale Refine MH-721 Vinyl Cutter
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-12-2012, 03:24 PM
  4. Redsail Vinyl Cutters - Vinyl Cutter Choice
    By Heatpressuk in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 11:27 PM
  5. Looking for a vinyl cutter
    By Mattie in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vinyl cutter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello mate,

I have a cameo 3 and as everyone has mentioned it can be a bit hit and miss (vinyl slipping etc but each machine has teething problems) but once you get round these it's a pretty good machine. I've cut t-shirt vinyl for over 200 in this past month and it's worked a treat. It just takes a bit of practise. I have had problems and have asked on here for help which the response has been first class. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have cut vinyl for one t-shirt let alone 200.

I have just started out too and am on a fairly tight budget so I know how you feel

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Coops For This Useful Post:

strandville (16-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    Hello mate,

I have a cameo 3 and as everyone has mentioned it can be a bit hit and miss (vinyl slipping etc but each machine has teething problems) but once you get round these it's a pretty good machine. I've cut t-shirt vinyl for over 200 in this past month and it's worked a treat. It just takes a bit of practise. I have had problems and have asked on here for help which the response has been first class. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have cut vinyl for one t-shirt let alone 200.

I have just started out too and am on a fairly tight budget so I know how you feel
    Do you feed your vinyl directly into the machine or use a cutting mat? If using a cutting mat, sometimes a couple of strips of masking tape the length of the mat, under where the rollers touch, can help out with slipping.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

Coops (17-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's actually a really good idea, thanks.

I just brought some extra cutting mats off eBay (not silhouette) and they are slightly thinner than the official ones and have slipped once or twice. I will add the masking tape to it and see how it goes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've even done it with masking tape above and below the mat to make it thicker.

Another tip: I often found the Cameo had problems reading the reg marks for print & cut jobs on reflective materials, or in bad light, so I sometimes used to stick white paper labels over where the reg marks would be printed before putting the media in the printer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I didn't even know that it could do that....

Maybe I need to read the instructions ��

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We buy Yolo vinyl on 25 metre rolls, one issue that we have found of late is that is comes with an excessive amount of chalk or whatever powder they put on it, which very quickly kills the adhesive on the cutting mats.

We considered that thare were possibly going to be issues with the powder preventing proper adhesion of the cut vinyl to garments, so we wash all of the vinyl prior to cutting now, which is a bit of a bore...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willd View Post
    We buy Yolo vinyl on 25 metre rolls, one issue that we have found of late is that is comes with an excessive amount of chalk or whatever powder they put on it, which very quickly kills the adhesive on the cutting mats.

We considered that thare were possibly going to be issues with the powder preventing proper adhesion of the cut vinyl to garments, so we wash all of the vinyl prior to cutting now, which is a bit of a bore...
    Sometimes washing the cutting mat in soapy water restores the stickiness, or a quick spray with 3M ReMount spray usually works and only clean it when it's really bad.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

willd (20-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Strandville, did you purchase the Cameo 3 online? If so, where did you find was the best value? Cheers mate

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use a cameo for vinyl and (touch wood) never had a slip, just did a car the other day and it was 1.7m by 275mm.

as said, the small cameo does have its drawbacks on size etc, but does what it does well.

id agree, that a 610 cutter is more practical, however space is sometimes an issue.