Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sold EH271 Vinyl Cutter + Vinyl + Accessories - HARDLY USED - LIKE NEW!
    By justr77 in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-03-2017, 05:13 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 02:30 AM
  3. For Sale Refine MH-721 Vinyl Cutter
    By Justin in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23-12-2012, 03:24 PM
  4. Redsail Vinyl Cutters - Vinyl Cutter Choice
    By Heatpressuk in forum Vinyl Cutters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 11:27 PM
  5. Looking for a vinyl cutter
    By Mattie in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vinyl cutter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I should also mention that you can stick pens, pencils and even Sharpie markers into a Silver Bullet (and possibly other cutters) and use them to draw instead of cut. Useful for some purposes, especially when learning to use you cutter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strandville View Post
    I was considering the cameo 3 as a basic starter, don't want to run before I can walk. I assume the cameo will be up to the task of cutting prints though stand to be corrected if wrong.

Just a thought is there much difference in the earlier cameo cutters over the cameo 3 ?
    Well, I keep mentiong the Silver Bullet because that's the machine I have now and feel confident in talking about. I don't know about the Cameo 3, but I have a Cameo 2 which I've never used since getting the SB. In fact, the main reason I bought the SB in the first place was because I was very unhappy with the Cameo 2. The problems I had were things like the mat slipping under the rollers diue to the poor roller system, the absolutely abysmal optical system used for detecting registration marks, low cutting force, and poor blade life. I wasted tons of expensive media on this machine and decided I needed something much more robust, that would handle wider and thicker media with ease, do reliable, accurate, print and cuts EVERY time, and had blades up to the task.

By all means get yourself a Cameo to try out as a cheap introduction. Others in here use them for vinyl cuts and seem to have no real problems. However, they are a bit limited on cutting width. The SB I have has an 18" cutting width and I've never need more, but they are available up to 24". Other machines, such as the Graphtec's can cut much wider material. Horses for courses really. If you want to cut vinyl directly from the roll then you need to find out what roll widths your supplier sells. Personally, I cut most vinyl on the cutting mat as I don't usually do large designs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    most vinyl is 500mm
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logobear View Post
    most vinyl is 500mm
    Most garment vinyl. Most sign vinyl is 610 or above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am considering the silhouette portrait cutting machine as a starter kit, I have a number of requests for hen/birthday T-shirts would this do the job ? Names, etc ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a silhouette portrait and it will do what you want up to A4 size.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I use a silhouette portrait and it will do what you want up to A4 size.
    Thank you Reg much appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I brought s cameo 3 from magic touch. Like logo bear said. They after sales support is second to none. I've only started a couple months ago and those guys have been great. I love my cameo, I am going to be upgrading soon just because i feel the cameo is light use machine and I need something bigger like the ce600. But I will be keeping the cameo as its great. Plus the studio software that comes with it is all I needed to get started on plotter cuts. Very inexpensive way to learn but I highly recommend cameo 3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalbag123 For This Useful Post:

strandville (15-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cameo is, in my opinion, a hobby machine. I use Summas, just because the first machine I bought was a used Summa. It was probably 10 years old when I bought it and it gave me about 3 years of perfect work. That 1 used machine got me on my feet, it just kept going and going knocking out work. I think a 610 machine is about £1400, 3 year manufacturers warranty.

If you can afford it, get a top name machine, they WILL pay you back if you give them the work, some machines are £3-400 for a reason.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy View Post
    The cameo is, in my opinion, a hobby machine. I use Summas, just because the first machine I bought was a used Summa. It was probably 10 years old when I bought it and it gave me about 3 years of perfect work. That 1 used machine got me on my feet, it just kept going and going knocking out work. I think a 610 machine is about £1400, 3 year manufacturers warranty.

If you can afford it, get a top name machine, they WILL pay you back if you give them the work, some machines are £3-400 for a reason.
    Out of my price range at the minute froggy but thanks for the advice, I just purchased the cameo given I have a number of requests for T-Shirts atm I am hopeful the cameo will get me going and I can invest further as I progress.