Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Laser?? I think I need new glasses!
    By Joohlyauk in forum Printers
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 14-11-2014, 06:10 PM
  2. Best laser printer for laser transferes ?
    By logobear in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-03-2014, 10:28 AM
  3. Laser Printer ?
    By Kahboose in forum Printers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 12:53 PM
  4. help laser printer
    By jennywren in forum Misc. Printing
    Last Post: 17-02-2012, 02:32 AM
  5. dye sub Laser printer
    By carneage in forum Printers
    Last Post: 24-04-2011, 12:51 PM

Thread: A3 Laser ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A3 Laser ?

Evening all, i have been producing t shirts this past year using epson printers dye ink and yolo papers. I fancy edging out into vinyl stickers and the like and wondered what kind of printer i will need. I want to use it for t shirt transfer and vinyl stickers so am i looking at a laser printer ? I also want to go for A3 too, also does the ink not smudge on the printable vinyl ? I know that sounds like a dumb question but if you don't ask you don't know. If i seem confused its because i am
    Anything I achieve I learnt on here for ten quid a year
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    modern a3 lasers are not as good as big old slow ones.
    Modern lasers try to be lightweight and fast, - and can run out of fuser heat before the end of the page and fuse imperfectly .... especially on multi page print, and on the thickest & most expensive media.
    Perhaps you want a solvent printer - better suited to vinyl/stickers too.
    entry is Roland BN-24 - about 5k - maybe double cost of a laser - but cheaper to run and can do much more
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that, i think i will dwell on things a while. That would be some investment and i would be unsure how long it would take to recoup. Food for thought though and my question answered thank you.
    Anything I achieve I learnt on here for ten quid a year

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you have to be really careful with modern laser printers ... most are not compatable with trasnfere papers ..... generally only OKI have been properly tested and certified.
    Anything else, and you risk the fuser unit.
    Fusers might cost £100 on an A4 ... probably more for an a3
    TMT The magic Touch have done all the research on this, and imho ... are the only real source. They provide additional drivers and firmware that optimise use.
    A number of suppliers sell the FOREVER media, - which is good, but none of these suppliers have the hardware support and technical support of magic touch imho
    laser is a brilliant technology, but as we get others, it becomes less significant .....
    You MUST have a top quality heat press to bother with laser (think adkins)
    1 Hour T-shirt printing shop in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Logobear t-shirt print and embroidery. 74 Clayton Street. Newcastle. NE1 5PG. UK