Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Sold Geo Knight DK3 Mug Press
    By UK Printed Mugs in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2017, 10:10 AM
  2. Knight K20 Press
    By R.Prints in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-09-2012, 03:02 PM
  3. finally Died - Geo Knight press
    By mrs maggot in forum Heat Presses
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geo Knight Mug Press

Hi all!
    I'm tempted by a Geo Knight mug press. I've read lots of good things but was wondering if anyone in the UK could answer a few questions!

Firstly, the green foam pad:
    Where do you get replacement pads from?
    How much are they roughly?
    Are they easy to fit?
    How many mugs can you get out of one pad?

I'm wanting to do full bleed transfers with this press, would you recommend this press for this?
    What time and heat settings would you recommend?

Did you purchase your press from a UK website or from the USA? I've heard Geo Knight are great for support - has that been your experience?
    If purchased from a UK site have they been good for support if needed?
    I'm a little worried about shelling out £600 plus vat and then having issues!

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Speak to Paul at RASMART.
    They carry all replacement and parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <-- How To Print Stuff BLOG

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul For This Useful Post:

Ljb596 (24-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Personally I favour the Adkins mug presses, I did have a Geo Knight years ago and didn't get on too well with it. Many do though so maybe mine was the exception.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Justin,
    Thanks for your response. What was it that you didn't like?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I struggled with full top to bottom and found results inconsistent. I bought second hand so maybe mine hadn't had the best life. For £600 I'd be expecting something top notch and in comparison with the Adkins which in itself isn't cheap I do wonder if a dual head or 2 separate Adkins presses may be better.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I struggled with full top to bottom and found results inconsistent. I bought second hand so maybe mine hadn't had the best life. For £600 I'd be expecting something top notch and in comparison with the Adkins which in itself isn't cheap I do wonder if a dual head or 2 separate Adkins presses may be better.
    Ah I see. That is a deal-breaker. I currently have a galaxy pro press which is great for "easy" designs where you don't go too close to the bottom. I am looking to do full wraps for mugs that have marks on to cover them up. I've tried fiddling with the settings on the galaxy but can't get it to do top to bottom. And the company that sold it to me said very few presses can do it.

So do you find the Adkins does a full wrap consistently?

When you say 2 adkins presses may be better, do you mean to have one with settings for full wrap and one for normal use? Sorry if that's a silly question!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Just thought 2 presses at the right price may be more useful.

I avoid full wraps wherever possible although it can be done on the Adkins. I always leave a 5mm gap top and bottom as I feel it works better with the space around the handle and doesn't exaggerate that area.

The Knight should be able to do full wrap but I want to see it in action before splashing that amount of cash!

Premium Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljb596 View Post
    ...I currently have a galaxy pro press which is great for "easy" designs where you don't go too close to the bottom...
    That's interesting...we're looking to upgrade our presses and are considering the Galaxy Mug Press Pro but a little concerned that you're not able to do full top to bottom mugs on yours. One of the retailers we've spoke to said the Galaxy Mug Press Pro blanket is one of the best available and I'd heard they're meant to be good. We've also looked at the Adkins Studio Twin Mug Press (£690 from Coralgraph), but two Galaxy's work out at £480.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have galaxy pro mug presses and will soon be getting another, never had a problem doing full press from the mug lip down to the base. When I bought my first one I was told by the retailer that the blanket used is the same quality as the aadkins ones, and I can honestly say its never let me down

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matzy For This Useful Post:

gazfocus (26-06-2017), Ljb596 (26-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh! I'm excited to hear you've managed this Matzy! What settings do you use? I'm just about to do some testing! :)

I do really like the galaxy press pro so it sounds like I've just not found the right heat and time combo!

Thanks