Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Feedback...you have to chuckle.
    By JMugs in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-12-2015, 08:43 AM
  2. ebay and photo's attached to ebay messages
    By viccar in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-11-2015, 08:13 PM
  3. Ebay is down
    By bigj2552 in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-05-2014, 12:04 AM
  4. Bye Bye eBay.
    By DREAMGLASS in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 29-03-2011, 03:53 PM
  5. ebay ink
    By rossikey in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay chuckle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay chuckle.

Customer complains as disappointed with time taken for delivery. Check tracking and it was delivered on time as per Ebay's expected delivery. Customer says "I expected it quicker than that!" Pointed out express delivery available and got "but I had to pay extra for that". This was a custom order placed late Saturday, delivered Wednesday.

I do chuckle, but as Argos are offering same day delivery I guess more of this will start to occur.

Now on with the fun.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Printed Monday and delivered Wednesday (2nd class no doubt) sounds normal timing of course. If you get left neutral or negative review then just call eBay and have it removed. They are very understanding we find.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

JMugs (26-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Review was a green positive but added "Disappointed with delivery time" I messaged them for clarification. One of those I'll let stand. I was due an "Ebay chuckle" as all has been smooth for quite a while.

Have a good week.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi. If that was us we would have it removed straight away. The word "disappointed" is all most people will see (people skim read) and so could be damaging to sales. If eBay support can see your msg thread and times for estimated delivery then they will be on your side. We get fed up with people asking "can I have a picture on the other side?" of a one-sided keyring even though it says ONE SIDED! Ahhhhh

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point, I'll give them a shout.

Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really p*sses me off, recently we had a week away, so the shop was put in holiday mode, I took the time to put "we are currently away on holiday" on each of my listings, in a prominent place. While we were away a customer opened a case against us for late delivery. When I spoke to them, they said "oh sorry did not see you were on holiday" when I spoke to eBay I asked them why they would let someone open a case for non delivery when the shop settings were on, and the order was placed and the email eBay sent even told them of the expected delivery date allowing for the holiday. eBay said that their systems could not be changed, and that the buyer was entitled to open a case for non delivery, if the item had not arrived within the stated time scale - "aaah but it has" I said to them, it arrived on the first of the dates given, for when we returned from holiday. the man at eBay said they often got these calls, and he would see if anything could be done, but suggested I put our shop in the "unable to purchase" rather than "there may be a delay" So I asked if this was the case that I must prevent sales from my shop would eBay offer a reduction in the monthly shop fee to cover the holiday period?

Seems odd to me that they never seem to allow for the holiday settings, and that in order to have a stress free holiday, you must actually prevent people from buying your items. I don't sell personalised items on eBay, only patches, and pin badges they are all fixed price buy it now items.

I think the public no longer understands that Royal Mail don't process stuff at weekends, and although they can now use the Post Office within a One Stop store on a Sunday and up till 11pm during the week, the post is still only processed the same as posting it anywhere else.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Every single message we get about 'didn't arrive on time,' 'not as advertised,' 'undelivered,' etc results in the buyer being immediately added to the blocklist. This really p*sses them off as the stuff we sell (items that other sellers need as part of their business) is essential to them and cannot easily be obtained elsewhere in the UK, especially at the price we sell them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thinking Webtrekker, I have just lost my top rated status again, due to a late delivery % just emailed them and pointed out that 11 of them are from when we were on holiday! see what they say to it this time.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one leave feed back that they had to pay £2.00 extra because I didn't put enough postage on the envelope. Um, if that was the case, it would have been £1.76 and not £2.00, (76p large letter postage £1.00 handling fee/fine) but as I use a PPI now which is printed onto the actual address label, it is impossible for then to have received the items without a stamp on, because neither would the address be on it either.

I asked eBay to remove the comment, and got no reply!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top rates status reinstalled, so that is a relief, as the 10% discount is not to be sneezed at.

James, I had RM charge a customer £2.00 which we could not understand, she photographed the letter with my "large letter" stamp clearly showing but as it was a small envelope they had tried to put it through their auto sorter, and had then decided as it would not fit through they would make a charge for it. She posted it back to me, as was furious with RM and not me luckily, I refunded her the £2 and sent the envelope to RM and claimed the fine, plus the return postage back from them, they wrote a letter apologising, and sent me £4 back in stamps, I have now printed "Royal Mail Large letter - no further charges apply" on stickers which sit at the top of the envelope, since using those, I have had no further issues.