Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Various problems, my samples are no where near perfect - Please Help!
    By liannef in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20-05-2014, 10:36 PM
  2. How I get a perfect print everytime
    By galerion in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24-07-2013, 12:00 AM
  3. perfect for christmas...
    By Paul in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-12-2011, 09:50 PM
  4. The perfect Keyboard.
    By bikertec in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The perfect mug....

Hello

We are reverting back to pressing our own mugs after having big quality issues with the ones made for us. I've narrowed the mug blanks down to these:

BMS Euro
    Listawood Duraglaze AAA
    Xpress 5013
    Raja - not sure which one, still to talk to them

I need a mug that is 10oz, straight sided (printing top to bottom, full wrap), non-staining on the inside, completely dishwasher proof and no pin holes etc. Also needs to be economical to order by the pallet.

Out of these options are there any you wouldn't use? Will probably have to rule out the BMS ones on price but I know these are excellent mugs. I've already ruled out subli as they have Orca stamps on the bottom.

TIA

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Xpres personally. We do buy Listawood some times but find Xpres coating better and we can dunk them in water without cracking which we do find Listawood ones do although not sure what temp our water is. For large print runs we need to dunk in water in order to cool quickly and then pack.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Xpres 5013 for me as well :-) Remember as a premium member you get best price break on these as well.
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies. I think the water dunking is the reason for the quality problems we are having with our current mugs - they are crazing in the insides and getting returned by our customers after a few uses - not good! I think the company that print them for us use the Subli Orca mugs. I've asked for a sample of the Xpres mug to try. Forgot about the discount too :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I posted a reply earlier comparing the Listawood and Xpres mugs. I used to buy pallets from Raja, but had quality issues with their 10oz mugs. The Raja mugs are identical to the Xpres mugs. The Listawood and BMS mugs have collective amnesia about the pinhole issues in the coating, so personally I'd go for Xpres mugs. There is no perfect mug mind you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Never had any troubles with the Listawood 10oz AAA's. I check 100% through each box as soon as I receive them and have yet to find a dodgy one.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 28-06-2017 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Typo

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally prefer the BMS European, however Parcelforce are a shambles up here so unfortunately have to rules them out. Next best option is the Xpres 5013. Never had one complaint from a customer and every mug has arrived undamaged.

Order before 5pm, on my doorstep by lunchtime in Glasgow next day with DPD. Tried pretty much every other brand of mug and those are the two that stand out, Listawood mugs also very good and would use them as a back up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by technick View Post
    Personally prefer the BMS European, however Parcelforce are a shambles up here so unfortunately have to rules them out. Next best option is the Xpres 5013. Never had one complaint from a customer and every mug has arrived undamaged.

Order before 5pm, on my doorstep by lunchtime in Glasgow next day with DPD. Tried pretty much every other brand of mug and those are the two that stand out, Listawood mugs also very good and would use them as a back up.
    We're in Grangemouth - feel your pain with Parcelfarce! Sounds like Xpres is the way to go. We used to use the BMS ones when we were retailing them at a tenner each but now mainly wholesale for a lot less so the margin just isn't there on them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonerGary View Post
    I posted a reply earlier comparing the Listawood and Xpres mugs. I used to buy pallets from Raja, but had quality issues with their 10oz mugs. The Raja mugs are identical to the Xpres mugs. The Listawood and BMS mugs have collective amnesia about the pinhole issues in the coating, so personally I'd go for Xpres mugs. There is no perfect mug mind you.
    I can't stand pin holes - might not be a problem for many but a white dot in the middle of full wrap artwork is a disaster. Xpres it is then :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetsub View Post
    We're in Grangemouth - feel your pain with Parcelfarce! Sounds like Xpres is the way to go. We used to use the BMS ones when we were retailing them at a tenner each but now mainly wholesale for a lot less so the margin just isn't there on them.
    Xpres have everything i need under the one roof - their quality and customer service is great plus you will get an extra 10% off on here using the code :)