Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Spoon mugs, without the spoons ...
    By webtrekker in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-11-2016, 10:23 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Which mug and spoon to go for?

We are looking into a new line of gifts for our retailers and wondered if any one has experience of printing onto the mugs that come with spoons?

There seem to be two sorts.

1) Safe and fully printable 10oz mug
    http://www.listawoodtradesupplies.co...d=&gid=&pgnum=

2) Marrow style mug which looks nicer but less area to print
    http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/tw...on-c2x18058763

Feedback good and bad welcome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I print the 12oz two-tone mugs with spoons from the Transfer Press. They are great quality and print no problem in my 11oz press.

You need to think how you are going to pack the spoon along with the mug. The spoons come in their own bubble wrap bags. I place them at an angle inside the mug and use the large polystyrene mailers from Compaq. These mailers handle the spoon mugs and also standard 10oz and 11oz mugs.

I turn the mugs upside down on the table when taping on the transfers to make sure they are parallel with the top of the mugs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't suppose you could post a piccy of one of your mugs so we can see how much coverage you can get? We have quite a solid rectangular design and not sure if these will look good or not on this type of marrow mug where there is a large area of white beneath any design. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Don't suppose you could post a piccy of one of your mugs so we can see how much coverage you can get? We have quite a solid rectangular design and not sure if these will look good or not on this type of marrow mug where there is a large area of white beneath any design. Thanks.
    Hi Olly,

If you need a couple of samples to try then give us a shout and we can arrange this for you. Try your design out and see what you think.

thanks
    Mel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Printed Mugs View Post
    Just a couple of examples Olly. I haven't made any to see what the limits are, but as you can see, you can get a fair bit of coverage on them. Also, no problems with the base or handle acting as heat sinks, the prints are excellent every time.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following User Says Thank You to webtrekker For This Useful Post:

UK Printed Mugs (28-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fantastic, that is ever so kind and much appreciated. Listawood are kindly sending us samples of theirs and we will ask for samples of these as well. We will then test the water with our retailers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

webtrekker (28-06-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No probs Olly. The only other thing I would say though is to be careful when clamping them up if you are using a heat press. The tops and bottoms of the handles are split to hold the spoon and therefore wider than a standard mug handle, so need to be placed carefully in the press blanket so that they aren't nipped by the edges when clamped. It's not really a problem though, as you'll soon find out once you've done a couple.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 28-06-2017 at 03:34 PM. Reason: ... more bloody typos!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I want to say thank you to Mel at Listawood firstly for sending us samples so quickly. So below is the Listawood mug+spoon with one of our prints on that came out perfectly and very impressed with the gloss coating. We are more inclined to trial these with retailers than the marrow mug type for these designs I think. We are in talks also with some local food manufacturers (chocolate / tea) so may end up making these into gift packs. As long as we can source nice cardboard gift boxes cheaply enough. Anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

Listawood (05-07-2017), Maidiniceland (02-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take my hat off, if I had one to Mel at Listawood, she said that she would get a couple of mugs and spoons despatched today and I would get them tomorrow, um, they must have gone yesterday, because I have them already.

Many thanks Mel.

I shall play with them, and add them as soon as possible to my site. Just need to do some mockups and see if I can get a blank type of picture to play with, any suggestions???

13. The Following User Says Thank You to James990 For This Useful Post:

Listawood (05-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listawood are really good. And always quick coms.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mugshots For This Useful Post:

Listawood (05-07-2017)