Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17-04-2017, 10:20 PM
  2. Wanted Ricoh SG7100DN dye sub printer
    By Violetsub in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-08-2016, 01:16 PM
  3. Sawgrass Printer Drivers
    By Tania in forum Printers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-02-2015, 10:06 AM
  4. Sawgrass Powerdriver for Ricoh - How to Upgrade?
    By Stitch Up in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 12:18 PM
  5. Printer drivers
    By TonyM in forum Printers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22-04-2011, 04:19 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drivers, powerdriver from sawgrass , new sg7100dn printer (new to me)

Hi guys

Need a bit of help, i think im confusing myself !!!

I had a Aficio SG3110dn and downloaded the powerdriver from sawgrass for it which has alrways worked perfectly.

I now purchased a SG7100dn A3 secondhand and i thought id just download it again from sawgrass the exact same thing but im having a nightmare trying to download it and it just says download interrupted (not sure whether its my pc or internet or what) but, ive read another post that they have just downloaded the new drivers from Ricoh and printing straight through photoshop so now im confused :(

Omg, i hate printers :(

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are you using Sawgrass inks? If not, you don't need the Powerdriver, just install an ICC profile and point Photoshop to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, no they're not - I'm presuming they are compatibles but not sure what....will have to find out. Where and what is an icc profile? that's not something ive heard of before... (and now I really hate printers LOL)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Without getting too complicated, an ICC profile is simply a file that you save to your computer. You then tell Photoshop (or Corel, or whatever) to use this file when printing and it modifies the colours sent from Photoshop to match the ink/paper combination you are using in your printer.

Your ink supplier should be able to supply you with the correct ICC profile, or you can have one made to suit for a small fee. I think Paul in the forum does this, along with one or two others who have the required equipment for producing accurate profiles.

Once you've loaded a profile into Photoshop you select 'Photoshop manages colours' rather than 'Printer manages colours' in Photoshop's Print dialogue. You'll need to ask for more specific advice once you have obtained a profile.