Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Dye based ink in Ricoh 3110
    By Maruci in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-07-2016, 01:31 PM
  2. ricoh 3110
    By bigj2552 in forum Printers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 10:22 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 09:01 AM
  4. Ricoh 3110 on or off?
    By Simon in forum Printers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 11:01 AM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 22-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our guess would be that 3110/7100 would be dropped by Ricoh but SG will still sell it as 400/800. A 2 year old printer that is the back bone of SG inks is unlikely to disappear anytime soon based on the huge marketing they do. It makes sense not to sell two printers that are virtually the same as SG is no doubt losing money by people not buying 400/800. Therefore from a business point of view they could of had a contract with Ricoh to allow 3110 to run for two years before SG then had the rights to sell the re-branded printer. Xpres last week hadn't heard anything about new printers coming out and they were in full flow marketing 400/800 to new sublimation companies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to UK Printed Mugs For This Useful Post:

kiwilondon (19-08-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The OP says no more in production. I guess we need to know if this means 3110 only but the 400 is still being made for SG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rent space in a building which houses my local Ricoh distributor and thats where I got this info. THey dont know what the replacement is yet either. Or maybe its a secret and theyre not telling. Ricoh have also dropped other models ( nothing to do with sublimation) so it looks like they are having a revamp.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quinsfan, Ricoh have definitely stopped the production of the SG3110DN printer along with the SG7100DN that is a fact i know. However i don't know if they are still producing them for SG, maybe in the short term they are long term would maybe depend on volumes ordered and forecast's. Maybe one of the main SG dealers will have more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinsfan View Post
    How can 400 and 800 be here to stay if they are just a rebranded Ricoh. Who manufactures them for SG?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Sublisplash knew of this announcement. Seems a bit odd to produce an ink for a machine that seem to now be on its way out. I understand that this may take some time but still seems an odd move.

Many thanks
    Iain

Equipment used A4 Ricoh printer, HP3085 Heat Press Graphtec cutter, Jarin mug press, CJV 30-60 solvent printer and lots of help from DSF.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paid about £50 for a brand new 3110DN 18 month ago so guess that was when the original 3110 went out of production as think there was then a wireless version produced so is that the one being discontinued now? I should have bought a few new ones at £50 to see me through. Noticed a number of suppliers bumped up the price of their existing stocks since Brexit too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Same here. We've never paid more than £50 for a new 3110 before and in fact found a couple on Amazon Warehouse Deals once for £35 new as box was damaged. Turned up and absolutely no damage. Those were the days...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think there is a fine line with regard suppliers and members posting on a forum. A forum is a board for members to talk openly and discuss. If suppliers join the conversation then of course it can be welcomed but to openly object to posts is crossing the line. A supplier is most welcome on a forum to provide answers to questions in a positive light but if as a member we get to a situation whereby we need to watch what we say because a supplier might get annoyed then a forum is not truly open.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds more like we touched the nerve of a supplier because nobody was complaining about printers costing more than £50 just reminiscing. Sorry if that's the case it wasn't intentional. I did mention some suppliers raised the price of the obsolete 3110 model recently, it was an observational post not a complaint as such but as its been said, one needs to make a living, however that maybe, if its using £50 printers or selling them for more or increasing prices.
    As been mentioned its consumables where the profits are made, this is why some suppliers can see an advantage in offering printer upgrades for free with a set of sublimation inks �� everyone is entitled to give an opinion on a forum, usually suppliers offer help not criticism but that's not to say they cant, free speech and all that so no hard feelings here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever Ricoh produce as a replacement Im sure we will be able to use for sublimation. So we shouldnt worry. Even if we have some ink cartridges for the old model still in stock we can open the new cartridges and swap the ink over.