Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. 3d Sublimation Matte Phone Cases
    By elle1989 in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-03-2017, 05:52 PM
  2. 3D Sublimation - Phone Cases Help!?
    By ymdesigns_x in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 11:24 AM
  3. Sold Sublimation phone cases
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-04-2014, 09:27 PM
  4. For Sale Sublimation phone cases
    By Mattie in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-11-2013, 11:27 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3D sublimation MATT phone cases

PC coated cover (caseblank product) sublimated with white korean film on machine ST2030 140 degrees 420seconds. Specifications says, that cover and coating is - scratch resistance, UV protected and keep the same colors during usage. That means that you can use it in retail bussines as cosumer product, without fear to get alot of warranty returns.
    But in my case is alittle bit differnt - after 2-3 month regular use case is with white scraches, and colors are a little bit fade.
    Question: Do i using bad sublimation process or cover and coating is bad? is anybody else has the same problem?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem may also come from the ink in my opinion. Who is your supplier of ink and cases ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ink - Sawgrass Sublijet HD
    Covers -
    http://www.sublimation-blanks.com
    they have Covers for film PC coated. They say have both Chinese (0.8-0.9 usd) and Korean (1.1-1.3usd) made. They say it is the same coating just PC thinknes is different.
    I had Chinese becouse it was with no MOQ and jigs cheaper 20-30 usd/pcs ( Korean 110 usd).
    I think those i had the same quality as Sunfly (it is not a fact becouse never tried Sunfly).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't think it's the ink. Try with other blanks (as far as I'm concerned I use Sunfly PolySh and PolySkin and quality is great)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your comments :)

(I fhave attached picture, how case looks)
    After two month regular use matt case looks like this (little scratches in corners and middle of case).
    Is it regular?
    Or is it disadvatge of matt case (glossy dont have such problem atleast not in such short period)?

Yes i will switch blanks in Sun-Fly and Sublimet products (wnat to try sublimet, but very exensive moulds)
    Beside have you tried Sublimet products? Do you have any comments about them?
    Cases - looks in very good quality, but quit expensive (I mean PC cases and PC+silicone)
    Film - have silver and gold? Have you heard/try any of them? quality? (price is quit good 60eur for 100sh A4)
    Mould comparing to Sun-fly 3x more expensive. Interesting what the the diference between them? Only locking system?

Have you tried or heard about Sublimet INK for CISS systems?
    planing to use Epson 1500w it is cheaper compare to sawgrass, besides sawgrass dont have ICC compatible with Films. I have find out the configuration for white film using poverdrive software, but if i use photoshop settings, prints comes with bad quality - to much ink on film. But when i use printer settings get a little bit diferent colors. When Ps - colors ok.
    What printer or ink you recomend?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the scratches has something to do with the case itself, not the ink or press. I never experienced any such problem with matte cases, I just took one I have and tried to make scratches to it as hard as I could, to no avail (Sunfly PolySkin).

Sublimet is just a reseller, they don't make any of their products. I spotted all of their machines from Chinese suppliers, they just rebrand them as Sublimet. I tried their gold film and it does crack making that the print is not 100% well transferred on sides.

As for film, the only one that does not crack (I tried several ones, like Sublimet or Sunmeta) and transfers 100% is Sunfly's one (but you can find the same film from other resellers). And for cases, I use PC cases (designed for film machines) from Sunfly also, their glossy cases are named "PolySh" and matte "PolySkin". And for moulds, I would say there is no big difference between suppliers, just avoid blue ones (from Sunmeta), and once again I use those from Sunfly (because I have their machine).

As for Sublimet ink, I never tried but I would say it's just some Chinese ink, rebranded. We would all know about this ink if it was good, in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned, I use Sawgrass ArTainium UV+ ink for my Epson 1500W (ICC profile is provided) and it works good, I heard Inktec Sublinova Sure is good too but you have to get a custom ICC profile made for your printer (if it's not large format).

I don't think Sawgrass printers (SG400) can print film, maybe that's why you don't get good results. If you want less ink on film, use different paper setting when you print (I do use regular paper setting). What is your setup (printer, press, inks) ?

PS: I am not affiliated in any way to Sunfly, I am just giving a honest feedback of their products.