Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Wall Murals Wanted..
    By Ucase Ltd in forum Member to Member Offers/Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-05-2015, 06:35 PM
  2. Subli Metal Art Competition - Christmas Items Poll
    By sublimetals_nicci in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2014, 01:27 AM
  3. Help needed! Please vote for your favourite Subli Metal Art!
    By sublimetals_nicci in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-02-2014, 01:17 AM
  4. Subli Metal
    By Scapaflyer in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24-11-2012, 09:54 PM
  5. Software for making tiled images
    By NiNJACQUES in forum Software
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-06-2012, 09:04 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tiled murals on subli metal?

I have a kitchen wall that I want to put quite a large tiled mural on, ( 62" x 38" ) I have been researching for a while and have seen lots of problems with ceramic tiles, both printing and durability.

I have also seen that sublimated metal is supposed to be more scratch resistant and the print more vibrant.

Does any one know if its possible to do a wall mural with the metal tiles, I am not sure about either the fixing which seems to be double sided tape, or what to do with the joints as I cant see tile grout being any good the joints would not be deep enough.

So it looks like the surface should be more scratch resistant, the image more vibrant and then the cost of metal appears to be a lot cheaper compared to tiles.

Any one tried this? or suggestions as to what tiles are best. UV is not a problem that wall will never see the sun, it will also not be any where near any heat but will need to be frequently washed as it is a food prep area.

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I will PM you Limara as I might have a solution for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Limara View Post
    I have a kitchen wall that I want to put quite a large tiled mural on, ( 62" x 38" ) I have been researching for a while and have seen lots of problems with ceramic tiles, both printing and durability.

I have also seen that sublimated metal is supposed to be more scratch resistant and the print more vibrant.

Does any one know if its possible to do a wall mural with the metal tiles, I am not sure about either the fixing which seems to be double sided tape, or what to do with the joints as I cant see tile grout being any good the joints would not be deep enough.

So it looks like the surface should be more scratch resistant, the image more vibrant and then the cost of metal appears to be a lot cheaper compared to tiles.

Any one tried this? or suggestions as to what tiles are best. UV is not a problem that wall will never see the sun, it will also not be any where near any heat but will need to be frequently washed as it is a food prep area.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I hate threads that end in a PM. I thought forums were for sharing information?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No need to state you're sending a PM, that's the point. While you're there Steve, you'll see an unread message from me from a week ago :-)
    Membership scheme now available - Just £10 per year - Regular Supplier Discounts and Special Offers!

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sorry webtrekker, not trying to hide anything just its in the early stages but itwe might be able to help Limara withal solution for tiles. Is this something your looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by webtrekker View Post
    I hate threads that end in a PM. I thought forums were for sharing information?

Supplier
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is it the one about the printers Justin?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    No need to state you're sending a PM, that's the point. While you're there Steve, you'll see an unread message from me from a week ago :-)