Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Galaxy gs-201 mug press
    By bigj2552 in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-02-2020, 08:19 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-02-2017, 08:06 PM
  3. For Sale Galaxy Mug Press Pro
    By bubbleimages in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 04:51 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-08-2016, 11:33 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galaxy 15x15 Heat Press....anyone any experiences?

Hi guys,

As well as buying a galaxy pro mug press, I was also looking at the possibilities of buying a flat Galaxy 15x15 press. Does anybody have any past experiences with these and would they recommend them? Also if not which other presses would you recommend? I wouldn't be using it a lot at first as I experiment with it and get it right, but hopefully in the not too distant future it will be getting a lot more use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the 38x38 but do have 29x38. I like it and have no problems, the heat is constant over all the platten.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How often do you use it Tricia? And do you use it for a big range of items or just a few. Sorry for all the questions I just want to buy something that I can rely on to do a good job and I really appreciate people's feedback

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 15x15 galaxy and am more than happy with it.
    In saying that if I had my time again I would spend the extra $$$ and get the larger with slide platen. With some of the things we do the slide would definitely make it easier.
    We use ours almost every other day and has been excellent. Even heat all over the platen.

If if I really had the $$$ I would buy something like the Hotronix fusion or the like - something that is programmable and has a pressure indicator (I believe some of the new galaxy's may now have the pressure indicator). This would save a lot of the guess work with the pressure.

We do do anything from shirts to key rings to timber picture mounts. So used for a wide variety.

Bj

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bmhdg1976 For This Useful Post:

Mikejohno1 (10-07-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mikejohnno1 I use mine most everyday but I do hundreds a week rather than thousands. I use it for vinyl, transfer prints and sublimation, works for all. I'm more than happy with mine but if you intend building up your business maybe go for Stahls or Adkins if you can afford it. I don't do thousands of things a week I'm near retiring age and have no intentions of getting super busy lol

The only downside I found to it was the handle is very high for short people. I am 5 foot tall and had to get a low sideboard to put it on as when it was on the desk I had to almost jump to reach the handle and when I opened it I was jumping to get the handle back into position haha That was the only drawback for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha well I'm nearly 6 foot so that shouldn't be a problem! I'd be well happy to be doing hundreds a week within the first 12 months, I think if I was busier I'd get a more expensive one and use the Galaxy as a back up. If there was a cheap 2nd hand Stahl for same price as a new Galaxy, same size, same features, would you go Galaxy or Stahl?
    Last edited by Mikejohno1; 10-07-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Difficult question that. Personally I would go for the new Galaxy but that's really only because any 2nd had heatpresses are always down south and too far away from me to go and pick up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

Mikejohno1 (19-07-2017)