Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-08-2015, 03:25 PM
  2. Gold sequins etc
    By Greybeard in forum Misc. Printing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 10:30 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sublimation on Sequins

Good day,

I am looking to do sublimation dye transfer on sequins. Look up: "Hidden Message Mermaid Pillows" on YouTube. I've seen many others do them but would never share how it's done. Anyone familiar with the process?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi. I would imagine you'd first have to obtain, or sew yourself, some reversible sequin fabric with a plain underside to the sequins. These sequins have a hole near one edge rather than in the centre so that they can be flipped over. So then you could take the fabric, flip all the sequins to the plain side and sublimate any desing onto them PROVIDING that the plastic used for the sequins was sublimateable.

My granddaughters have t-shirt fronts made of this stuff an its very effective. There may be better ways to do it, but off-hand I can't think of any.

Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gvalentine102 View Post
    Good day,

I am looking to do sublimation dye transfer on sequins. Look up: "Hidden Message Mermaid Pillows" on YouTube. I've seen many others do them but would never share how it's done. Anyone familiar with the process?
    Hiya you can buy sequin cushion blanks. Dye sublimation supplies have them. Just design and print mirror image on sub paper etc as normal and push all sequins to lighter side then press to manufacturer spec. Here's 2 I did at the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to theoriginalmadco For This Useful Post:

DyeSubSupplies (20-02-2018)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theoriginalmadco View Post
    Hiya you can buy sequin cushion blanks. Dye sublimation supplies have them. Just design and print mirror image on sub paper etc as normal and push all sequins to lighter side then press to manufacturer spec. Here's 2 I did at the weekend.

Sorry pics didn't attach 1st time

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This is an old thread. There's another later thread somewhere about flip sequins. They're in short supply and, to be honest not that good. Because the white sequins overlay one another only parts of them get printed, so they look great when done but not so great once they've been flipped a few times as the sequins never lie in exactly the same position again and you get lots of unprinted, white specks. Some designs perform better than others though.

Another problem I found was consistency of manufacture. Some cushions flipped smoothly, while others were tighter and felt rougher, probably due to the tension of the stitches holding the sequins on the backing. They weren't for me, because of these reasons but hey, if you have customers who are willing to buy them and overlook these issues then that's great. I just prefer to keep any possible returns to a minimum so stopped doing them.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 20-02-2018 at 10:26 AM.