Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Issues surrounding currency signs/problems posting
    By Justin in forum Forum Information/Updates etc.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 01:51 AM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currency surcharge

have put an order in with a UK supplier for some transfers from the states, they said that there would be a currency surcharge which is calculated on the day they place the order, i was expecting 5-8% maybe - well they have placed the order and the surcharge is 13.6% !!

I guess that will also now attract more VAT on top.

Might be the last time I order this way, as it is far too unpredictable way of placing orders.
    [h=A dictionary is the only place where success comes before work]5[/h]Laura
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am guessing the US supplier doesn't sell on Amazon.com? If not perhaps you can email them directly and ask if they could and get Amazon to delivery :-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't you get direct from someone in the UK or is it copyrighted transfers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I buy internationally regularly. Always look if the seller has the option to take paypal. I have a multi-currency paypal account which I always keep a few dollars in and buy when rates are good. Greatly reduces surcharges.

If the transfer supplier takes paypal that is a good option, their currency transfer rates are not too bad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arfur they are copyrighted transfers. Custom print, I do that already with other items I buy from the states but this used to be a better way of getting transfers, I am wondering if their price list is actually out of date so the "currency surcharge" is actually part price increase as well.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm, I have now been charged VAT on the currency surcharge! not sure if that is right at all