Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Do You Keep A Mug In The Press When Heating Up?
    By DJW in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-04-2016, 11:42 AM
  2. Mug pre heating
    By pictooprints in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-11-2014, 02:35 PM
  3. Heating the base of the mug
    By dougbraz in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14-10-2014, 01:07 PM
  4. Heating element on mugs.
    By meldean in forum Printing Problems/Issues
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 07:28 PM
  5. Heating Element Marks on Mugs
    By cleoni in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-06-2011, 12:50 PM
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heating mugs on the hob

Hello everyone,
    At the minute I'm only printing small orders and if I'm printing mugs I'll usually do this inside the house. As an alternative to heating the base of the mug in the press beforehand as some people do, I heat the base of my mugs on low heat on my electric hob in my kitchen for around 2-3 minutes whilst I am pressing a mug, then just keep the production line going. I use 10oz Xpres mugs and have had fantastic results whilst doing this and it saves me time as I don't need to use the mug press to pre heat. Has anybody else tried it before?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something we used to do in the early days was heat mugs on top of a mug that has just come out of a press. By the time the cycle finishes it is sufficiently warmed and the process continues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikejohno1 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    At the minute I'm only printing small orders and if I'm printing mugs I'll usually do this inside the house. As an alternative to heating the base of the mug in the press beforehand as some people do, I heat the base of my mugs on low heat on my electric hob in my kitchen for around 2-3 minutes whilst I am pressing a mug, then just keep the production line going. I use 10oz Xpres mugs and have had fantastic results whilst doing this and it saves me time as I don't need to use the mug press to pre heat. Has anybody else tried it before?

BOTH Listawood mugs and BMS mugs, we dont need to preheat them before pressing/printing. ( using listawood just now )
    Your mug press needs set up properly to cover the thicker/colder bit at bottom of mugs.
    And i,m only using the chepo twin mug press from coralgraph....

If i can get that working fine, with full top/bottom prints, i,m sure others can with more expensive mug press's.

why ass about putting mugs on a hob ?? ( also costing you more on leccy bill ) if the mug press is set up right, put mug/s in, and press start and forget about it till it beeps - SIMPLES..
    The press temp will drop, as mug is cooler, but it will rise slowly again to preset heat/print time, then it starts its 300sec count down to finish - job done !
    Last edited by bigj2552; 24-07-2017 at 05:16 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Xpres mugs don't need the base pre-heated. If you can't get a good result top to bottom, you may need to change your heat blanket or press. I've got a box of BMS European mugs to try out and the ceramic looks identical to Xpres and 10oz Raja/ Wycombe mugs.