Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. Online store yes or no?
    By Mugshots in forum General Dye-Sub Chit Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-08-2017, 09:27 PM
  2. Etsy Folksy NOTHS
    By GoonerGary in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-10-2014, 08:18 PM
  3. Etsy the new Ebay ?
    By GoldRapt in forum Take a Break
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13-07-2012, 10:34 AM
  4. facebook store
    By bigj2552 in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 19-03-2012, 11:26 AM
  5. average online store
    By bigj2552 in forum Marketing & Advertising
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Etsy Store

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Etsy shop and it takes a lot of networking, promotion, advertising and time, but I don't find it too bad. There is a huge spread in costs of similar items and there are plenty of people charging £3.50 for mugs etc. Customers also can expect the earth, overnight, but generally, I prefer it to Ebay.

If you are thinking of setting one up please use this link, it will give us both 40 free listings, so you can try it out without cost (unless you sell something)

http://etsy.me/1okyxvo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harlequeen For This Useful Post:

Developit (18-08-2017), knightweb (31-08-2017), mrs maggot (20-08-2017)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Etsy Store

I have just opened an etsy shop and one of the best places to promote anything to do with etsy is on Instagram.
    There is a massive etsy community of both sellers and buyers on Instagram and it's a good way to find potential customers.
    Quality photos is also key, you can now have 10 photos.

I've only been open since 1st Aug and had 4 sales, this is part time for me it has taken a long time to get set up.

I initially put my store in holiday mode so I could load it up behind the scenes.
    Like any selling it's all about promotion and connecting with customers and this all takes time.

I am thinking of moving to something like Shopify though because I want to offer AfterPay (Australian) and etsy don't support it unfortunately.
    Last edited by Developit; 18-08-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been on ETSY for nearly 2 years, I get more from the US than UK but I'd say it's worth a go, sales are ok but it takes a little while to get noticed, get your keywords right and use the etsy search bar to get an idea of whats being searched for.

It costs 20c to list an item on there which is a lot better than EBAY and the fees arent as much, on Ebay i was sometimes paying over £100.00 per month, with ETSY its like $25.00 dollars.
    They were getting slated a while back for how they market it and they used to have buyers that were members of etsy only that could buy, now they have guest check out which is a little better and gives you a few more sales from guest buyers.

I'd give it a thumbs up

5. The Following User Says Thank You to paul 44 For This Useful Post:

Maidiniceland (22-08-2017)