Join our Premium Membership now and save with Xpres, Listawood, Ink Experts, Ink Express and more! Just £10 per year.....Click the Membership link above.....

User Tag List

Similar Threads

1. What machine do you have?
    By liannef in forum Embroidery
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 11:17 PM
  2. Which 3D machine is right for me?
    By Stegosaurus in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-02-2014, 01:44 PM
  3. 3D Machine
    By socialgiraffe in forum 3D Sublimation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 31-01-2014, 12:36 AM
  4. Gravograph TXL107212 SOLD
    By frizbee in forum Buy It, Sell it, Give it away!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24-08-2010, 10:32 AM
  5. A New Mug Machine?
    By JSR in forum Mug Presses & Ovens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gravograph machine

Hey

I know it's a bit off topic for this website but has anyone had any experience with these or owns one?

I saw one in operation whilst on holiday, it was fascinating to watch. It was an old style one (not the laser) where you used large template letters which engraved a smaller object. It was on a small stall in a shopping mall and they were able to personalise whilst you wait which was great. I see a lot of potential with it but am wondering what they are like to use?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I know the machine but have no experience. My thoughts though would be; how much of your time do they take up? For example....First you talk to the customer and decide on the text. ( 5mins) then you have to setup whatever it is in the jig (another 5mins) , then do the engraving (5mins?). Is doing a job worth 15mins of your time when you win only a fiver from it? In 15mins you can print 10 t-shirts and win a fiver from each. ( If you have the work)
    Just my thoughts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They're simple enough machines, just work on the pantograph priciple. I don't think it would take long to throw the letters together in the rack. Also, £5 for 10 to 15 mins work would still be worthwhile to me. Mind you, if you are standing around all day on a stall then you have to take the idle time into consideration too, but that would be the same with whatever you were producing.
    Last edited by webtrekker; 10-08-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Earl Smith - it takes you 15 mins to print 10 t-shirts? Wow that's great, it takes me 15mins to print one! (I know I'm slow...) What method do you use?

As webtrekker said, at this stage of my business I would be happy to earn £5-£10 for 15/20mins work. There is potential to produce different items with it, I'm just trying to broaden the range of items I sell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have a gravograph vol400. it is a great machine. all though ours still has to pay for itself. it is a steep learning curve with engraving. we charge a flat rate of £7.50. beauty of engraving there is no sundries needed. its just the machine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local Trophy shop in town has that make i think, old one as well as some other newer machines. Couldn't believe the amount of custom and stock they have, groups and clubs all over the district's, football, darts, snooker, endless opportunities. Engraving can be very lucrative if you establish yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @calvinabc - that machine looks great, I bet that was expensive! The one I saw was more basic and is more affordable for me. The only problem I foresee is engraving onto curved items, I wonder if you need a special machine for that?.

@Mr-gobby - yeah there is so much opportunity with it. I'm trying to cover all areas of 'personalisation' for my business. It seems simple to do (I'm sure it isn't) and fun. I get a lot of enquiries about engraving too as there is only timpsons in my area which does this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have often thought that if I hadn't gone into sublimation, then engraving would have been a great option. They just fascinate me!
    Janners

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was so engrossed watching this person engrave a keyring whilst you were waiting. I never knew how you engraved until I saw it and thought that's something I would like to do. It's just the cost and training to use the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes our machine does flat and cylindrical. yes not cheap. £17500+vat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.